• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

New coaching search thread

Beilein and Smart seem to be out.

To me the order is
Matta
Forbes

Turner

Amaker
Kelsey

Miller

Odom

fuck duke players

If we have to hire a duke alum to be good, I'd rather just shut down the program.

If we can't land Matta or Forbes, I'd be good with:
Craig Smith
Matt McMahon
Turner

Basically. The candidates have pretty much been named. He’s not one of them.

Named by whom? I've seen a lot of speculation in the media but that is all just speculation. Some of it may be informed speculation but until Wake or Beilein (or any other coach) comes out with a statement, then it remains speculation.

Named by whom? I've seen a lot of speculation in the media but that is all just speculation. Some of it may be informed speculation but until Wake or Beilein (or any other coach) comes out with a statement, then it remains speculation.

A source from the AD I’m assuming. They informed Les on who has interviewed and who is planning on interviewing today. We aren’t getting Beilein, but there are other very good options on that list.

T. Matta helped derail Odom but I would be happy to get such a proven coach assuming he is ready to go health wise.

Bobby Lutz has withdrawn his name from consideration.

I didn’t realize our class ranking for next year was so shitty. 66th overall on 24/7, behind Harvard Massachusetts and Elon to name a handful. Also Kennesaw State has a top 50 class.

Slight disappointment with the list. After Currie's "he or she" comment, I expected one female coach to get mentioned on one of the longer lists.

Back