• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

New coaching search thread

I’ve heard K hates the fumes. That is in the Harley’s favor!

Last edited:
Matta
Forbes
Miller in that order for me. I'm more pro Miller than I was a few days ago but he is still 3rd for me. Beilein was my guy but doesn't look like that is happening. Matta is definitely the one that other ACC schools don't want us to get.

No on Kelsey, Odom or Amaker. IMO those are meh hires.

bigboy with the understatement of the day.

I don't even know what to think about this. Matta is the clear #nuber1 if he is healthy and re-motivated now. Just no comparison. For a few minutes this evening catching up after missing most of the afternoon updates I almost had myself convinced we were getting him. After the last decade I have zero confidence.

This is kinda a silly take.

I, for one, love the motorcycle.

The motorcycle is on record as annoying Coach K.
If it bothers Ratface, that's a hard check in it's favor.

I'm way over the motorcycle. Was ok for a little while but like Wellman and Manning, here way too long. Completely cool with bringing it out once a year (or other year, or whatever it is now) when K comes to Winston. Fuck him. In fact, it would be awesome if we made a thing about bringing it out just for him.

For football, we need a mascot that looks like statue out front. Put his ass on horseback and let him race across the field like a circuit preacher with his demon ass on fire. That would be awesome.

ETA: Actually, Manning should have never been here. So in that case, the motorcycle was better than Manning and for a longer time. But point remains.

Last edited:
Matta, Forbes, Kelsey.

I actually think Kelsey could be a good coach. Will take him a while but I could see him being really good with some time.

I totally forgot Kelsey bailed on UMass 30 minutes before his presser for personal reasons. Must’ve been a tough thing to do.

Yeah, after seeing that video, Forbes is exactly who I want if Matta isn't a fit.

Yeah, I love Forbes. The dude would absolutely rub some people the wrong way at Wake, but he’d also never take any shit from any of our ACC rivals.

The guy can flat out coach basketball.

I have no doubt that he’ll win at his next stop. I just have doubts that he can be hired here.

I’ll defer the ultimate decision to Currie and see how it plays out over the next few years... But Matta and Forbes are at the top of my list (and have been for months).

I totally forgot Kelsey bailed on UMass 30 minutes before his presser for personal reasons. Must’ve been a tough thing to do.

I would still like to hear the entire story from him. Would also like to know why the Xavier search didn’t go his way.

I’m fine with them choosing Steele over Kelsey... That’s not a red flag by itself... I’d just like to know more about why.

Yep, that's why it's hard to get too excited about any of these reports. We've been teased with Brad Stevens, Shaka Smart, etc and ended up getting [redacted] and Manning

This is every fan base at every school though. Everyone thinks they’re getting a Cadillac and most end up with a Ford. That said, Wake’s last two hires have been particularly shitty by any standards.

This is every fan base at every school though. Everyone thinks they’re getting a Cadillac and most end up with a Ford. That said, Wake’s last two hires have been particularly shitty by any standards.

We didn't even get a Ford with the last 2 hires!

I think Forbes is a winner. Also, I think he could shake things up a bit. If we don't want to be the conference doormat, lowf anymore, then he's our guy. Dude doesn't take shit of anybody. Would be a refreshing change. Maybe we could not be such a snooty place. Would maybe interest some fans other than the handful of blue hairs we have at games now.

Yeah, I love Forbes. The dude would absolutely rub some people the wrong way at Wake, but he’d also never take any shit from any of our ACC rivals.

The guy can flat out coach basketball.

I have no doubt that he’ll win at his next stop. I just have doubts that he can be hired here.

I’ll defer the ultimate decision to Currie and see how it plays out over the next few years... But Matta and Forbes are at the top of my list (and have been for months).

This is a quality post.

Back