• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

New Football Rules

Seems like the only way to do an onside kick now is to try to crush a knuckler off a close standing opponent.

Well a QB will never throw another block in college football.

Honestly, except for not jumping over the line in an attempt to block a kick, I don't think these changes will do anything except mar the game! Charging a team a Time-out for more than 2 lost helmets would be less intrusive than requiring the player to miss a down. ugh.

Honestly, except for not jumping over the line in an attempt to block a kick, I don't think these changes will do anything except mar the game! Charging a team a Time-out for more than 2 lost helmets would be less intrusive than requiring the player to miss a down. ugh.

Disagree big time with your last point big time.

In the name of safety I agree with the changes, but it will hamper play slightly :(

In the name of safety I agree with the changes, but it will hamper play slightly :(

That is all they are about--safety. Too many helmets coming off because these knuckleheads don't buckle up completely. So if the helmet comes off during play & it is not coming off because somebody from another team pulled it off in a typical illegal act, you go out & sit a play, just like being injured. With all the emphasis on concussions, you are going to see more of the safety stuff.

Going to see far more downed balls in the end zones also so I guess they don't want the big collisions on the kicks. Kickoffs back up to the 35 would seem to mean more kicks into the endzone and the ball comes out to the 25. But I think a punt into the end zone still comes out to the 20? Don't know why that difference?

That is all they are about--safety. Too many helmets coming off because these knuckleheads don't buckle up completely. So if the helmet comes off during play & it is not coming off because somebody from another team pulled it off in a typical illegal act, you go out & sit a play, just like being injured. With all the emphasis on concussions, you are going to see more of the safety stuff.

Going to see far more downed balls in the end zones also so I guess they don't want the big collisions on the kicks. Kickoffs back up to the 35 would seem to mean more kicks into the endzone and the ball comes out to the 25. But I think a punt into the end zone still comes out to the 20? Don't know why that difference?

To incentivize guys into taking a knee on kickoffs. Guys don't field punts in the end zone.

you're entitled. It's not like what I think matters.

But, I think the rule changes are unnecessarily disruptive.

I wasnt trying to be dismissive, I just think a TO is more important than one player for one play 99 times out of 100.

I wasnt trying to be dismissive, I just think a TO is more important than one player for one play 99 times out of 100.

I understand; but, a lost TO would force coaches to get serious about enforcing the rule. And that is really the issue: force coaches to force their players to secure their helmets.

No problem. 25 or whatever lost helmets in a single game...crazy.

Last edited:
So there's pretty much no way you're going to get an onside kick now...

Why don't they cut the fucking rule changes and just give the ball to each team on the 25 after a score....why even kick off at all?

We already have fucking NFL teams wearing pink. If you're a defensive player and so much as squint at a QB, it's 15 yards. The game is simply becoming pussified.

Back