• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

New Forum For Jobs and Networking

Do you favor a new jobs/networking forum?

• Yes

Votes: 20 39.2%
  • No

Votes: 25 49.0%
  • Doofus/Numbers

Votes: 6 11.8%

• Total voters

truifh0

Reaction score
Since we have had people looking for jobs, asking for job advice, asking for resume advice, etc., I propose we add a new forum that covers all of these things. I think it would helpful to people to have a forum to go to for networking purposes for their own business, for help finding a job or hiring someone for a job, or just for general answers to job hunting questions.

Honestly, there probably isn't enough traffic/volume to justify that. You'll get more overall views and discussion if those topics are kept in the general offtopic forum.

I like the idea. Call it a simple Career and Networking Forum. Once things get rolling, someone could like to it on the Wake Alumni LinkedIn page and it'll probably increase the traffic to these forums as well quite a bit.

If the issue is people think more advice will be given on the Pit, why not have one ongoing thread where whenever someone posts a new topic or something, they can link to it in the one thread.

Keeps the clutter off the Pit, could be very helpful for Wake alums, and could increase overall traffic to the boards.

The main reason I think it should be a separate forum is because it is generally frowned upon to try to ask for a job from board members or to try and solicit your company for financial or networking purposes. Just figured it would better to have a forum dedicated to this so everyone else doesn't have to read it on the Pit.

reid_hoffman_LinkedIn-Founder.jpg

Why not a Job/Career Advice thread?

Why not a thread for threads asking for new subforums?

Yeah I completely agree. I know there are a ton of stages of career development that are represented on the board, from college kids to retirees. There's a wealth of knowledge that could be centralized here.

Back