• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

New Laser Tech Will Know Everything About You

Supradeac

Reaction score
http://gizmodo.com/5923980/the-secret-government-laser-that-instantly-knows-everything-about-you

"Within the next year or two, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security will instantly know everything about your body, clothes, and luggage with a new laser-based molecular scanner fired from 164 feet (50 meters) away. From traces of drugs or gun powder on your clothes to what you had for breakfast to the adrenaline level in your body—agents will be able to get any information they want without even touching you.

And without you knowing it."

This actually sounds pretty awesome and would be fantastic in the medical realm. Imagine having one of these in the ED to look for cardiac enzymes for anyone coming in the doors or even in every ambulance to look for what meds are currently in someone's system. Pretty crazy to think about.

Hope they legalize it before then...

I would suspect/hope that this wouldn't fall under plain sight aspects of the 4th, but who knows?

what's that movie tom cruise was in where he had an eye transplant and they scanned your person when you walked into stores so they could tailor your shopping experience? this is what that reminds me of.

what's that movie tom cruise was in where he had an eye transplant and they scanned your person when you walked into stores so they could tailor your shopping experience? this is what that reminds me of.

Minority Report. It came out in 2002 and was set in 2054, yet many of the elements in that movie are standard only 10 years later. Most of us carry around "newspapers" in which the news changes instantaneously. Instead of eye scanners, our smartphones and online profiles tell stores and other entities information about us.

Minority Report. It came out in 2002 and was set in 2054, yet many of the elements in that movie are standard only 10 years later. Most of us carry around "newspapers" in which the news changes instantaneously. Instead of eye scanners, our smartphones and online profiles tell stores and other entities information about us.

I know it wasn't entirely based on the PK Dick short story, but it's crazy that he wanted it set 100 years in the future, and by the time they'd made a film adaptation, they had to change a ton of the tech because it was already around.

so cutting edge

minority-report2.jpg

Back