• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Next Year

Sure wish that we had Pitt at home- because you know our ACC road record. :(

Want to handicap it? I think it's a 25% chance or so.

if you use KenPom's win probabilities, the odds of WF losing out are less than 1%

if you say, KP overstates WF's win probabilities because of the late-game issues we have had (I say that), and cut our probability of winning each game in half (which is extreme), the odds of WF losing out are less than 10%

in both cases assume our 10 remaining games plus a game in Brooklyn against a Cuse or VT

We aren't going to go 1-17. This year is inexcusable, but we aren't getting blown out by anyone and everyone like we were during [name redacted]'s first year (two conference games decided by less than 14 points, Miami (which we lost by 1) and Virginia (which we won by 5)). You have to be really, really bad to only win one conference game. We will win against Georgia Tech, NC State, or Pittsburgh.

It also wouldn't be terribly unprecedented for us to go from 2-16 to the tournament. We did it in 2016-17. Which, when you study the roster, points to just how disastrous of a year 2015-16 was...

Last edited:
We won't go from 1-17, to making the round of 64... unless CP3, and Collins get to come back. How good are these Freshman going to be? Seriously...

I'm a little anxious to see if there is a line up change for the rest of this year. It's painfully obvious what the main problem is, and DM must see it.

Also, we could lose some of the more promising young guys to transfer, which could hurt.

I lot of us would love to bet against us going 1-17 this year. I know I would.

I could have said 2-16, or 3-15... either way we would need a MAJOR influx of talent to turn that into a real tourney bid next year. I'd love to win out this year, and be proved totally wrong, believe me! We are regressing to this point, and it doesn't look like we have leadership on the court, or off.

Will Crawford have a better year next year at PG than J-Gray had when he was forced to play that position as a Senior? Will the talent around him be better than Gray had to play with? Discuss.

I could have said 2-16, or 3-15... either way we would need a MAJOR influx of talent to turn that into a real tourney bid next year. I'd love to win out this year, and be proved totally wrong, believe me! We are regressing to this point, and it doesn't look like we have leadership on the court, or off.

Yeah, I guess that was the point of my question. I didn't know if you really expected us to finish 1-17 (highly unlikely) or if it was hyperbole to help make your point.

I still think we'll get to 5 or 6 wins in the ACC regular season.

Yeah, I guess that was the point of my question. I didn't know if you really expected us to finish 1-17 (highly unlikely) or if it was hyperbole to help make your point.

This year? You think we're going to be .500 or better for the rest of the season?

have you looked at the remaining schedule?
:p

kenpom the rest of way

Sat Jan 27 34 Louisville L, 77-67 18% Away
Wed Jan 31 24 Florida St. L, 81-76 33% Home
Sat Feb 3 16 Clemson L, 72-67 31% Home
Wed Feb 7 29 Miami FL L, 75-64 17% Away
Sun Feb 11 43 Syracuse L, 69-61 22% Away
Wed Feb 14 111 Georgia Tech W, 69-65 67% Home
Sat Feb 17 73 North Carolina St. W, 79-78 55% Home
Wed Feb 21 211 Pittsburgh W, 69-65 65% Away
Sat Feb 24 30 Notre Dame L, 71-68 39% Home
Sat Mar 3 111 Georgia Tech L, 68-66 42% Away

I posted this on another thread:

d say our starting line-up will most likely be:

PG- Craw
SG- Key/Chaundee
SF- Hoard
PF- Sarr
C- Doral

6th man- Key/Chaundee
7th man - Mucius
Next Big - Donovan
Next Guard - Lil Chill

It will be interesting to see how much Melo and Sharone will play next year.

It will be nice to have a full-sized person at each position.

EDIT: another wild-card is the health of Lewis.

Yeah, 5 feels about right. Think we get one of Clemson or Florida State, then State, GT, and Pitt.

Yeah, 5 feels about right. Think we get one of Clemson or Florida State, then State, GT, and Pitt.

That’s optimistic.

Not at all. You guys are really underestimating home court advantage. And we're not terrible.

Back