• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Combine

Teamramrod

Reaction score
Been watching the combine since Saturday.

Anyone really stood out to y'all as work-out warriors? Players you want your team to draft? Other general insights?

I, for one, am scared shitless that there is a large black man, (6'4", 346) that can run a sub-5.0 40 time.

Dontari Poe. Don't make him angry

Been watching the combine since Saturday.

Anyone really stood out to y'all as work-out warriors? Players you want your team to draft? Other general insights?

I, for one, am scared shitless that there is a large black man, (6'4", 346) that can run a sub-5.0 40 time.

Dontari Poe. Don't make him angry

:tard:

Didn't Poe also put up 225lbs like 40 something times on the bench press?

Haven't been watching it but have seen some of the stories, including Poe, on Sportscenter and have been looking at NFL.com's combine page. It's definitely making me excited for the upcoming draft. Maybe Buffalo can actually field a drafted receiver this year or a defensive line that can stop the run. I would love to see Poe land in Buffalo but doubt he'll drop that far.

This thread is probably an appropriate place to post that Chris Givens did more bench press reps than Quinton Coples. Not sure why everyone always slobs that guy's knob.

I was hoping Poe would be there for the Texans at 26. No chance now.

Zero chance.

I was hoping Floyd would run a slow-ish 40 and fall to 26. No chance there either.

I'm expecting someone like Sanu or Randle there now. I just can't see us taking anyone other than a WR, unless the top WRs on our board get picked over too quickly.

Large black men scare me too. You see them at the mall sometimes and you think to yourself, "there's a large black man. I wonder if he runs a 4.8 40 because when large black men are hopped up on Bojangles they get really scary."

Any idea when Quarles will run his 40? It looks like some unofficial times are up on nfl.com but a lot of guys have not run yet.

Any idea when Quarles will run his 40? It looks like some unofficial times are up on nfl.com but a lot of guys have not run yet.

Quarles with a 4.53 un-official. sooooo that means like 4.9 official.... :squint:

Zero chance.

I was hoping Floyd would run a slow-ish 40 and fall to 26. No chance there either.

I'm expecting someone like Sanu or Randle there now. I just can't see us taking anyone other than a WR, unless the top WRs on our board get picked over too quickly.

Maybe Wright will fall since he ran a 4.6.

Wright and Givens are basically the same player with the same size and tendencies... So who do you choose? someone who runs a 4.6 or someone who runs a 4.4

346lbs and sub 5.0 is incredible.
5.0 is probably faster than 95% of 18-30 y/o males
that was my high school 40 time and i was the fastest lineman by at least .15 seconds and obviously no one was even approaching 346....yeesh

Last edited:
Back