• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Offseason Thread -Tom Brady beats the NFL

Such a bummer. Feel bad for the kid. Schefter just said he hadn't signed his contract yet.

Any drafted rookies that haven't signed contracts prior to the start of rookie mini camp sign injury contracts that require the Jags to negotiate in good faith.

I thought there was a rookie pay scale that slotted the contract by their draft position?

I thought there was a rookie pay scale that slotted the contract by their draft position?

There is. I think the adjustments are bonuses, guaranteed moneys and such. Sucks for the Jags and him both.

Go Bud!

11255841_10153175707465659_4796784727166707020_n.jpg

From ESPN's NY Giants blog:

"Fullback Nikita Whitlock collided with punter Bobby Cowan during a punt-block drill. That's a no-no in a no-pads May minicamp practice, especially with the head coach watching. Tom Coughlin found Whitlock immediately, offered some pointed comments and was still barking, "Stay off the punter!" to anyone within earshot a few moments later."

Oooopppsss.

@AdamSchefter
Filed to ESPN: Tom Brady suspended four games, Pats lose 1st round pick in 2016 and a 4th in 2017, and team fined $1 million, per source

I was thinking 4-8 was the proper range. Brady's and the team's lack of cooperation had to be the main reason it's 4 games and they lose a 1st round pick. Had he and they cooperated, I think it would have been only a game or 2 and a day 3 pick. But I'm sure the Pats did a cost/benefit analysis of what could have happened had there been more cooperation, and I'm guessing they made the smart choice.

Back