• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Offseason Thread -Tom Brady beats the NFL

Lots of talk in Philly about Kelly using McCoy as the main trade chip to get up to take Mariota. If I were the Bucs or Titans, I would be all over that - pretty sure Kelly is going to do whatever he can to move up - get Shady, Foles and a couple of 1st or 2nd rounders would help to shore up either team.

Kelly would be a damn fool if he gave all of that up for Mariota. To run his system in the NFL depth is more important than quality in some respects and that is a lot to give up, especially since Mariota isn't going to be any better than the Sanchize.

Just to briefly interrupt the ATL/CLT urination contest, some unfortunate GB DT named Guion was arrested in FL last night with almost a pound of weed, a handgun and $190K in cash. I don't know FL law, but I'm guessing a jury will be able to conclude that's more than personal use. I think GB just updated their FA/draft needs to include a DT.

I don't think Philly realizes that nobody gives up trade value for a veteran RB

And Foles blows

Just to briefly interrupt the ATL/CLT urination contest, some unfortunate GB DT named Guion was arrested in FL last night with almost a pound of weed, a handgun and $190K in cash. I don't know FL law, but I'm guessing a jury will be able to conclude that's more than personal use. I think GB just updated their FA/draft needs to include a DT.

He is a free agent this year and was in line for a pretty solid payday after performing well replacing Raji. So much for that.

I'd take Hardy back, but he's not in the Panthers plans. Dude got screwed out of 15 games and two playoff games over two misdemeanor charges and an arcane judicial process that moves slow as shit. Yeah, he got paid franchise tag money, but he'll never get that year back. What he makes in free agency is a crapshoot, but it's got to be less than it would have been.

I'd take Hardy back, but he's not in the Panthers plans. Dude got screwed out of 15 games and two playoff games over two misdemeanor charges and an arcane judicial process that moves slow as shit. Yeah, he got paid franchise tag money, but he'll never get that year back. What he makes in free agency is a crapshoot, but it's got to be less than it would have been.

Dude didn't get screwed out of anything. He shouldn't have beat up his girlfriend.

Edited to add:
One reason for the slow process is the fact the he's already been convicted. He's appealing for a jury trial. He's the one slowing the process.

Last edited:
Dude didn't get screwed out of anything. He shouldn't have beat up his girlfriend.

Edited to add:
One reason for the slow process is the fact the he's already been convicted. He's appealing for a jury trial. He's the one slowing the process.

With regard to the NFL, when you commit a crime it is not like you forfeit from that point on any entitlement to a non-fucked up system for determining when you can go back to work.

The first offense penalty, even being guilty... even after the Ray Rice blowback, was upped to 6 games. Hardy missed 17 because he wanted a jury trial?

Edited to add:

Really? He was arrested in May 2014 and the bench trial occurred in July. The judge gave him a suspended sentence and probation, btw. This thing should have been over by now and he should have gotten an 8-game suspension if convicted by a jury of his peers. Instead, his November trial date was postponed and the trial starts next week.

So Kam Chancellor played the entire SB with a torn MCL and Richard Sherman needs Tommy John this offseason, dang.

Raiders hire Seahawks LB Coach Ken Norton as Defensive Coordinator.

Really? He was arrested in May 2014 and the bench trial occurred in July. The judge gave him a suspended sentence and probation, btw. This thing should have been over by now and he should have gotten an 8-game suspension if convicted by a jury of his peers. Instead, his November trial date was postponed and the trial starts next week.

Right but the fact that it is still going on is bc he appealed. He should have just taken his lumps and moved on.

Here's hoping that blank says fuck it we need a pass rush, even if it's an angry gun carrying one.

Right but the fact that it is still going on is bc he appealed. He should have just taken his lumps and moved on.

Here's hoping that blank says fuck it we need a pass rush, even if it's an angry gun carrying one.

Definitely one way to look at it. But really, if you think you can beat a misdemeanor rap, you shouldn't have to sacrifice 10% of your NFL career to do it.

Definitely one way to look at it. But really, if you think you can beat a misdemeanor rap, you shouldn't have to sacrifice 10% of your NFL career to do it.

Well said.

Back