• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NFL Year 2022. Superbowl Winner: Kansas City Chiefs!

We’re talking about the same organization that just tried to send them back out there after a 5 minute break

Sure. But if they want to be better, they’ll think better of the situation. They don’t want to risk a lot of public blowback going into the playoffs.

I feel like America was ready for this to eventually happen due to an extraordinarily gruesome hit. But the sport isn’t ready for it to happen during a routine one on MNF between two of the best teams a week before the playoffs

Just got back to my hotel room in Cincinnati. Pray hard for Damar Hamlin. I'm numb.
1a1fa2625945c49286b22ce93c21ceb8.jpg

If it had to happen, wish it was in Cleveland because of the Cleveland Clinic and their cardiologists. I’m sure UC docs are well skilled. I’ve only dealt with children’s hospital of Cincy (which is great).

Oof…just catching up…didn’t see this last night.

Here’s a decent discussion with a former NFL team physician.

Did any of you see during the Cotton Bowl today, they talked about the former Tulane player that was paralyzed from the waist down that was in the stands? They showed the footage from the game where he was injured and he had CPR performed on him on the field.

I was at that game. We lived in Tulsa and my wife got free season tickets. I had never seen anyone almost die before. I could see the chest compressions from where we were sitting. So so scary. Praying for Damar

I wonder if it didn't happen at the very end when he came down on the runner's helmet.

I wonder if it didn't happen at the very end when he came down on the runner's helmet.
After watching it again, I think that you're correct.

Pretty much all of his body weight comes down with his chest directly on top of Higgin's helmet.

... what a freak injury.

If it had to happen, wish it was in Cleveland because of the Cleveland Clinic and their cardiologists. I’m sure UC docs are well skilled. I’ve only dealt with children’s hospital of Cincy (which is great).
Have a feeling Browns fans might have reacted a little differently to this episode. They're another breed up there. For a blue-collar town, Cincy is pretty genteel and Damar and the Bills have gotten lots of support from the locals.

I don't think I'd be ready to play even a week later after seeing that. I bet NFL will somehow try and reschedule the game which will likely would require bumping the playoffs a week.

Must be fun for the medical team to have to be in “regular contact” with their patient’s employers parent organization. Like they don’t have anything else to do.

They can squeeze Bills-Bengals in next Thursday if it matters for seeding after Week 18. Then they could push the Bills and Bengals’ Wild Card games to Tuesday.

They can squeeze Bills-Bengals in next Thursday if it matters for seeding after Week 18. Then they could push the Bills and Bengals’ Wild Card games to Tuesday.
Your plan is for Bills/Bengals to play Sunday/Thursday/Tuesday? And that tuesday would be a playoff game?

GTFO.

Back