• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NHL Thread

Holy shit those were 2 unbelievable, Goal Of The Year shots.

INSANITY.

HTTD why you gotta steal my dood?

Great win tonight against a divisional opponent!

I fell asleep in the 3rd period when it was 2-2...that's what I get for getting comfortable in the recliner. I actually woke up right as the final horn sounded and missed the final 2 goals.

Also WTF!!!! I set my Fantasy lineup this morning and had all of the starters in starting positions, but just checked and Toffoli and his 2.00 points are on my bench!?!?! I KNOW I had him starting because I moved Hughes from the bench to the spot next to him in case Hughes played.

Not that it would have mattered since I'm losing by 20 points, but still....:mad:🤬

And of course I picked the wrong Boston goalie to put in the starting spot. I figured Ullmark would get the start based on both goalies last games and the fact that it's been 4 days since their last game. But I guess they really are alternating every game no matter what. At least that would have countered what looks to be a negative performance from Binnington.

BTW, Yahoo+'s "analysis" of teams is completely ridiculous.

It says I am NEUTRAL on Defense and have a WEAKNESS at Forward and Goalie, even though I have 3 of the top 7 Goalies on my roster and 4 of the top 14.

It's completely backwards.

Based on rosters as they are right now at 5pm EST, The ranks of each of us based on TOTAL POINTS in each of the 3 phases is as follows (Now of course this is flawed, maybe completely flawed based on the fact that current rosters don't reflect points scored for the whole season because of roster changes, especially between me and HTTD who have been add/dropping like crazy, but I figure the Y+ rankings are from current rosters):

TEAM: FWD | DEF | GOA | OVR
OblongPickle: 2nd | 6th | 2nd | 1st
Deacsfan27: 1st | 5th | 6th | 3rd
HTTD: 8th | 1st | 7th | 6th
Peach: 6th | 8th | 4th | 8th
Wakeforest22890: 3rd | 7th | 8th | 7th
redwing42: 7th | 2nd | 5th | 5th
CumberlandDeac: 4th | 4th | 1st | 2nd
Wolf1297: 5th | 3rd | 3rd | 4th

Again I'm probably completely off and those numbers mean nothing and I'm again, just a whiny bitch, but it bugs me when I don't understand things.

WTF....lol.....Laine is a healthy scratch tonight?

Eichel and W. Karlsson with absolutely nothing against Pittsburgh? lol

I knew Binnington wouldn't play a back-to-back, so that wasn't unexpected.

Now I need Gibson to Win in a Shutout and have 85 saves just to tie HTTD haha.

Just as everyone predicted, the Flyers are now second in the Metro with the Caps in third.

The Rangers are balling despite significant injuries.

And of course I picked the wrong Boston goalie to put in the starting spot. I figured Ullmark would get the start based on both goalies last games and the fact that it's been 4 days since their last game. But I guess they really are alternating every game no matter what. At least that would have countered what looks to be a negative performance from Binnington.

You can check here for starting goalie updates: https://www.dailyfaceoff.com/starting-goalies

Twitter is also a good place to find practice lines which reliably predict who will start in goal. Yahoo usually puts green check marks next to guys once they’re known starters, too.

Yea, it wasn't that I didn't know where to find it, it's just that I set my lineups too early and had to make a guess, I had not realized that Boston literally alternates every game no matter what.

I really do hate fantasy sports.

All of them.

7 of the 11 players my opponent started scored 2.1 points or more tonight, 6 scored 3.2 or more, and 4 scored 4 pts or more. lol

So unlucky. (whine whine whine).

Also, Wednesday (28 teams) and Friday (30 teams) I know I'm going to choose the wrong starters when basically all of my players play....I just gotta hope my opponent does the same.

If we fucking lose this game.

And Raanta was sat because of a lower body twinge and it's just a precaution.

That's all we need, to start rolling with everyone scoring again and then hafta go into the heart of our schedule with Kochetkov and Halak at goalie?!?

UGH!

I might be way off here, but the ice at PNC when State starts playing basketball turns to shit. I've seen multiple players tonight lose their edge and fall. Their goalie fell twice around his crease. Then you add in last year with Andre and Patches hitting a "rut" and blowing out ligaments. I think I read an article last year about the PNC ice being rated the worst in the league or something. Ill try and find the article, but it seems like something needs to be addressed or changed.

I might be way off here, but the ice at PNC when State starts playing basketball turns to shit. I've seen multiple players tonight lose their edge and fall. Their goalie fell twice around his crease. Then you add in last year with Andre and Patches hitting a "rut" and blowing out ligaments. I think I read an article last year about the PNC ice being rated the worst in the league or something. Ill try and find the article, but it seems like something needs to be addressed or changed.

I think you are absolutely right about the timing and I think I remember that article. Didn't State also have an issue with their BBall court because of it as well?

Something about the moving in and out of all the pieces or something....I don't remember.

Completely dominated the 1st and then they get 3 PP goals in the first 6 minutes of the 2nd period. Flipped the entire game.

Back