• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NHL Thread

Absolutely electric sequence:

Flower had several ten-bell saves yesterday.

Haha, wow, I totally glanced over this post, that was AWESOME!

Looks kinda like what Kochy would do recently with that swagger, like YOU AIN'T GETTIN' ONE BY ME!

BTW, I literally watch this video when I'm depressed sometimes. To just imagine what Kochy's saying, all in russian, neither having any clue what the other is saying, but both know what the other means lol

That's a fun clip.

Today's puckdoku was cake, and it was easy to pump the uniqueness score with those broad categories:

Puckdoku Game 192 - 9/9🏆:

70 Uniqueness
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩

Did you all see the out-of-left-field trade last night? Flyers prospect Cutter Gauthier (#5 overall pick in last year's draft) was traded to Anaheim for Jamie Drysdale and a 2nd round pick in the 2025 draft.

For whatever reason, Cutter didn't want to play in Philly so management dealt his ass. I eagerly await the Anaheim @ Philadelphia matchup next season.

Yes I did...I also saw you pick up Drysdale at 3:26am this morning lol

My entire fucking team has decided to get injured in the last week+. Hughes, Trouba, Manson, and Ullmark are currently out or DTD. It's frustrating because none of them are players I'd want to risk dropping for a replacement and then someone else (HTTD) picking them up and destroying everyone by an even larger margin of victory.

I wish they'd just put Hughes on IR so I can fill his spot with someone that can fill in without me dropping anyone.

My entire fucking team has decided to get injured in the last week+. Hughes, Trouba, Manson, and Ullmark are currently out or DTD.

I hear you. I've had three guys pickup the dreaded DTD bubble today.

I've thought about engineering some sort of trade proposal where I shop Saros (and other assets) for your Ullmark. Goalies can and will be all over the place, but Saros is giving me too much heartburn. If you think you want to take a turn with him, send me an offer 🎭

I'm tempted...and had you asked me a couple weeks ago I probably would have been up for it.

But Saros has let in 5 goals in 5 of his last 8, while Ullmark has won 6 of his past 10 and even the four he didn't win, only one ended with negative points.

I was shopping him around in offers, but no one bit. But I'll still consider it if we just deal with a combo of skaters for Ullmark + ???

I'll look around and see if I can come up with anything. I need some defensive depth.

(EDIT: Check your PM on here in a few minutes)

Last edited:
Did you all see the out-of-left-field trade last night? Flyers prospect Cutter Gauthier (#5 overall pick in last year's draft) was traded to Anaheim for Jamie Drysdale and a 2nd round pick in the 2025 draft.

For whatever reason, Cutter didn't want to play in Philly so management dealt his ass. I eagerly await the Anaheim @ Philadelphia matchup next season.

The shit going on around this is insane. Philly fans continue to prove they are the most vile pathetic creatures on the face of the Earth. Apparently Gauthier played a round of golf with Kevin Hayes, and so Philly fans are blaming him for Cutter not wanting to play in Philly and are sending him death threats along with his agent, his family, and everyone he's ever known. Even saying they were happy his brother was dead and that he deserved it.

God why do fucking idiot ass fans have to be so toxic? JUST WATCH THE FUCKING GAME AND LET. IT. GO.!!

Everyone wanting to be "first" now and "BREAKING NEWS" that they don't give a fuck whose life they ruin. All so that other people, when they report on the issue, will add at the very bottom of their articles, "This story was first reported by ___________".

YAY!!! THEIR LIVES HAVE MEANING NOW!!!!!!

IDK but this stuff pisses me off to no end.

This should not be life and death bullshit and people should not be fearing for their lives or their family members' lives or the memory of their dead siblings being mocked. This shit sticks with people, it follows them, he'll forever be tied with this kid and the negative outcome because he played a round of golf with him and then the kid wanted out. So juvenile.

I HATE PHILLY.

Kevin Hayes denies involvement in Flyers-Cutter Gauthier rift, says report has led to threats
St. Louis Blues forward Kevin Hayes on Tuesday denied a comment made on a Philadelphia Flyers podcast a day earlier, saying he had nothing to do with a rift between Flyers prospect Cutter Gauthier and the club that led to Gauthier’s trade to the Anaheim Ducks.

On an episode of “Snow the Goalie,” co-host Anthony SanFilippo said: “I talked to somebody in the (Flyers’) organization … Kevin Hayes’ fingerprints are all over this.”

Co-host Chris Therien, a third-round draft pick of the Flyers in 1990 who spent 11 seasons with the organization, replied, “Absolutely.”

Gauthier, the Flyers’ No. 5 pick in the 2022 NHL Draft, informed the team after the recent World Junior Championship that he did not intend to sign in Philadelphia. Sportsnet’s Elliotte Friedman reported Tuesday that the Flyers’ relationship with Gauthier was “never the same” after the team didn’t sign him at the end of last season to avoid a bonus overage.

Hayes spent four seasons with the Flyers before being traded to St. Louis over the summer. He said he was happy playing there and had no resentment over the trade or his relationship with coach John Tortorella that would lead to undermining the team’s relationship with another player.

“It’s 100 percent false,” Hayes told The Athletic. “I don’t know where (SanFilippo) got his information from. At first, it didn’t really seem like a big deal. But just the s— that’s come from the aftermath, people with death threats, people want my family dead, people happy my brother’s dead, it’s just crazy stuff coming out. … Not a single aspect of what I’ve done had any implications on this kid’s decision.”

Hayes acknowledged having played golf with Gauthier when he got drafted, which he felt would help both the Flyers and Boston College, where Gauthier is currently playing his second season and Hayes played from 2010 to 2014.

“I thought I was doing due diligence by the Flyers, taking their fifth overall pick golfing,” Hayes said. “He played nine holes and he left. The (Boston College) coach wanted me to get to know (Gauthier) a little bit, give him some advice. I basically told him to work hard and have fun, your time will come in the NHL.

“I’ve never once in my life said a single negative thing about Torts, or the Flyers’ organization. I loved my time there. I loved every second of it. I still have very close friends there. Obviously, I wish my outcome in Philly was different. I wish we won the Cup. I wish I had 80 goals every year. I didn’t. It’s over with. There’s nothing I can do about that.

“They’re saying that when I got traded is when (Gauthier) decided he didn’t want to sign with the Flyers. That’s a complete joke. Like I said, I’ve never said anything ill or negative about the Flyers or Torts to this kid.”

Hayes added that he also has too much respect for Flyers general manager Daniel Briere and president of hockey operations Keith Jones to make such comments to Gauthier.

“I think that reporter who said it, him and his buddy there who is on the podcast … maybe they heard something from someone in the organization, I have no idea,” Hayes said. “But I did not do anything wrong here.

“He got his clickbait for sure. But yeah, the s— just going on with fans and people wishing harmful things about me and my family and my brother … at first, I didn’t give a s— about anything that was going on. But once that gets involved, it’s kind of insane to me, so I felt that I needed to say something.”

Last edited:
And people there said the douchebag was actually proud of it in the press conference.

1 SOG from the Ducks in the 1st period is pretty damn impressive.

As were the two Tic-Tac-Toe goals.

Aho with another assist, Svech with another goal.

Man I love how this team is playing!!!

Well...there goes this game.

3-3, 6 minutes left in the 2nd, Kooch comes out injured and in comes Raanta.

:facepalm:

It sucks for fans, in general, too. The NHL notoriously clumps games together on Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday instead of spreading them out over the week.
I hate this too, especially for DFS purposes. 14 games one night, 2 the next. (I have more success with a bigger pool of players).

But it must be a nightmare to make the schedules. Having to coordinate dates with NHL, NBA and some college hoops all playing at the same time of the year at the same place.

Back