• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NHL Thread

Unreal fucking game....I thought that Aho miss on the wide open net was going to be the story of the game, especially the way Bobrovsky was playing, but WOW did that goal feel good! I literally screamed out when it happened. He just had nowhere to go so he turned around and launched it at Bob. That ability to aim a shot in those hundreths of a second that he had as he turned is just so incredible. I LOVE me some Aho! I really hope he's a Canes lifer!

I also loved Kooch jumping into that scuffle at the end. (Which, btw, the Panthers are a bunch of bitches...I wish Tkachuk woulda been out there so Kooch could go after both brothers this season.) Pesce looked like he was gonna jump off the bench onto someone, he was that hyped and ready to go after someone (never saw who).

Best game I've seen us play in a while...and I really hope Kooch can keep this up. If he can, and Martin can continue to provide meaningful relief when needed, along with being top 3 in Special Teams, I think this team has what it takes to win the Cup.

Geez OP, why don't you make this a Cane thread if you are not going to recognize good NHL Hockey when you see it.

Geez OP, why don't you make this a Cane thread if you are not going to recognize good NHL Hockey when you see it.
Rangers are pretty disliked by everyone. They’re like the Cowboys. Comes with being a fan of them

Rangers are pretty disliked by everyone. They’re like the Cowboys. Comes with being a fan of them
No, the Rangers are pretty well disliked by Cane fans. I get it. They're two of the best 5 Teams in hockey. But I recognize the Canes as a good hockey Team even though I hate their f'in guts.
Would be honorable to do the same for the BlueShirts.

…ok? I mean you posted this weird series of takes after a bunch of canes fans posted immediate reactions to a hard fought and exciting canes win. Were you expecting these people to also post commentary and reactions to ranger games they didn’t watch? Feel free to post your own ranger game takes if you think there’s something lacking here instead of whatever you’re doing with that post.

I think this thread is missing some hockey history. Let's take a look at the Original 6 teams (Montreal, Toronto, Boston, Chicago, Detroit, and New York Rangers), who have been playing since at least 1926.

People love to shit on the modern-era Maple Leafs, but did you know that the New York Rangers have only one Stanley Cup victory in the last 83 years? And only 4 Stanley Cup victories in their entire team history (the other three coming in 1928, 1933, and 1940).

Keep in mind, the League only had six teams from the 40s through 1967 (and <10 from 1926-1942), and has slowly expanded to the 32 we have today. It's quite incredible that a team with such an extensive 1/6 opportunity failed to win much of anything. Good news for Rangers fans, though: their team sports only the second-worst all-time points percentage among Original 6 teams, ahead of those bumbling Chicago Blackhawks. And honestly, who cares that they've 3 Cups since 2010? Of all the teams in NHL history, the New York Rangers are definitely one of them.

…ok? I mean you posted this weird series of takes after a bunch of canes fans posted immediate reactions to a hard fought and exciting canes win. Were you expecting these people to also post commentary and reactions to ranger games they didn’t watch? Feel free to post your own ranger game takes if you think there’s something lacking here instead of whatever you’re doing with that post.
I was watching both games and while the Canes game was exciting; at the same time the Rangers notched their 9 straight. No one was expecting applause but let’s face it. They're Cane fans and they love their Team. I get it. But it’s a NHL thread. Can’t I be celebrating a Ranger win? BTW, we made it 10 straight thos afternoon…….😜

Last edited:
I for one, hate the Rangers...

HOWEVER, I do recognize they are an extremely talented and strong team and I'm going to hate it if we face them in the playoffs.

I honestly think we are going to push them for 1st in the Metro before it is all said and done as we are only 8 pts back with a game in hand and have an easier schedule remaining [NYR with the 10th hardest overall SOS remaining (5th in the Metro), and CAR with the 20th overall (easiest remaining in the Metro)]. I think we are going to make a move or two at the deadline and strengthen our team, either in goal up front.

I can't wait to beat their asses though.

Love your Team; I respect that. I really only hate the Islanders, Bruins, and Flyers but the Canes are close 4th. I have $100 on my Team with a buddy here who’s a big Cane fan on who wins the Metro so I’m hoping we hold on.

Last edited:
Back