• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

NHL Thread

If the Hurricanes can win game 6, this is setting up to be the most painful game 7 in recent memory for one of these two fanbases. Either the Hurricanes fail to get over the playoff hump for the millionth year in a row after getting so close, or the Rangers get reverse swept. Both options sound pretty miserable!

Yeah objectively not a lot of shame in losing in 6 or 7 very close games to the presidents trophy team (painful rivalry loss though it’d be). Blowing 3-0 would be far worse.

Avs were hella rattled last night, that was pretty astounding. Thought maybe they'd rally around each other but nope. Props to the Stars, such a deep team

Is it just me, or does Oettinger need to get his eyes checked? I've never seen a guy look as utterly lost as often as he does. Yes, he has his great moments, and then in the same game he will look clueless at times and completely lose the puck. Usually, he gets away with it, but last night he didn't. The goal with 0.6 seconds left was ridiculous. The little knuckleball that bounced in off his skate he had no clue on, like he just went blank for a second and lost it. He only turned cuz it clanked off the post. The last one he should've had, but I think the announcers were right in that he guessed one way and the puck went the other.

I fucking hate MacKinnon. A lot of fun to watch if you don't have a rooting interest against the Avs, but that guy scares me whenever he has the puck. He is a one man wrecking crew.

Back