• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Nightmare Scenario

DashKid

Reaction score
I know there is very little chance of this happening but technically could happen...........

1. Doral is just too frustrated with the lack of playing time and transfers right after season (and before officially knowing about #2 & #3 below). He sees Sam eating into his time at center as well.

2. Dinos returns to Greece. He seems like a guy who could graduate early. He has bulked up now and is more ready for european professional play. If a team were to offer him good money to play in Greece could you blame him for taking it?

3. John Collins - what if he continues to play so well and maybe stops fouling at such a high rate? He could be a 17 and 10 guy in the best conf in bball. I know he is thin and hasn't shown a jumpshot but the NBA is based on potential. Scariest thing for me is that he is only 19. He is the age of a college freshman. He will be getting viewed by scouts on a nightly basis in the ACC and will no longer be a hidden gem. Just seems plausible an NBA team would take him with say the 20th pick and see if he can develop a jump shot to go with the athleticism. NBA is different now and I think you can get by better these days without the bulk.

Starting center would be Sam and starting PF would be ???

If #2 and #3 become true, we're a top 10 seed in the NCAAT. Which, weird definition of nightmare, I'd say.

Nightmare scenario: Wellman retires. Jeff [Redacted] is hired as the new athletic director. [Redacted] proceeds to troll the fan base for two decades by personally hiring the worst coaches possible.

Which scenario isn't possible jackass?

All three look possible and at least two of them have been discussed. People on the recruiting thread have talked about the possibility of Dinos leaving and Collins going pro after this season has been widely discussed on the board. Collins is gonna have to be dominant in ACC play for him to be able to do that.

I know there is very little chance of this happening but technically could happen...........

1. Doral is just too frustrated with the lack of playing time and transfers right after season (and before officially knowing about #2 & #3 below). He sees Sam eating into his time at center as well.

2. Dinos returns to Greece. He seems like a guy who could graduate early. He has bulked up now and is more ready for european professional play. If a team were to offer him good money to play in Greece could you blame him for taking it?

3. John Collins - what if he continues to play so well and maybe stops fouling at such a high rate? He could be a 17 and 10 guy in the best conf in bball. I know he is thin and hasn't shown a jumpshot but the NBA is based on potential. Scariest thing for me is that he is only 19. He is the age of a college freshman. He will be getting viewed by scouts on a nightly basis in the ACC and will no longer be a hidden gem. Just seems plausible an NBA team would take him with say the 20th pick and see if he can develop a jump shot to go with the athleticism. NBA is different now and I think you can get by better these days without the bulk.

Starting center would be Sam and starting PF would be ???

#1 is going to be on Manning to keep from happening, or having a freshman project to replace him. That could work if SJM really develops the rest of this year.

If #2 scenario is in play, Dinos is going to get some serious looks from NBA teams. A 6-10 guy who can stroke it from deep like he did against LSU (and for this scenario to be plausible he will need more games like that) will open some eyes in NBA land. And then he would probably stay for a shot at bigger money in two years. Haven't heard anything to think there is a great need for him to be in a Euro league earning money to support his family.

Collins will need to develop a lot in three months for #3 to be in play this year. He isn't bulky enough to be an NBA low post banger and he fouls too much. Right now his range isn't enough to be a "stretch four" at the NBA level. He has some hints, because his FT stroke looks good, but the consistency isn't there yet from the field. If he gets that good that fast, Wake will be on quite a roll in March. With that kind of production from Collins, added to the rest of Wake's team, 10-12 ACC wins would happen. That would have Wake playing past the end of the ACC season. 12 ACC wins would put Wake in the NCAA tournament.

I don't see any of this happening, particularly not to the degree necessary for the worst part of the nightmare to come true.

If either or both of these do happen, Danny M has some real selling points for recruits. "Look at the two 3* guys who really developed under my training. Come to Wake and be the next. Look down the road at a much higher rated recruit sitting on a bench. Which do you want to be????"

What is this stupid shit? Good grief, get a life...

Having two NBA players in the starting lineup and four star recruits transferring due to lack of playing time...absolute nightmare....

People have been talking about Dinos going pro since the end of his freshman year. His only asset is the ability to stroke 3s. That's it. He has zero athleticism, is slow running the floor, plays no defense, and has a one inch vertical. Maybe there is room for him in the Greek leagues. Maybe. He's not an NBA player. And I think you could make a good argument that, outside of the games when he is on fire (usually for only a half-- the LSU game was an exception), he is a liability when on the floor. We will find somebody to replace him who can do all those things that he doesn't do well, but without the three threat.

Actually since before he got here. There was a question if he would accept a contract and stay or come here.

Back