• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

No PGA thread?

Instead of the commentators continuously telling us that "it's actually a lot darker than this; our cameramen have their iris's wide open", how about putting your damn iris on whatever "normal" is for a few seconds so we can see what the golfers are actually dealing with?

Must have heard me

Phil and Ricky should be pissed. It was darker for them and lighter for Rory. Also, it's a lot different hitting from a greenside bunker than hitting from 200+ yards out on the side of a hill after Phil posts -15.

Glad they finished today though.

Last edited:
That ish was awesome. What a finish and what a hell of a tournament. Rory is just another level.

I was pulling for Fowler and Phil to finish 1 and 2.
Didn't happen, but the last 2 hours of this tournament were unbelievable.
Birdies everywhere and about 15 players within a few shots of the lead much of the day.

Rory comes off as a tool? Geez. News to me
I get Phil was pissed but tough shit. You're not making up two shots on Rory on a reachable par 5. Plus Rory could have refused to play 18 if Phil wanted to be a dick about them playing in. I like Rory and Phil. Shame it went down that way but the PGA made the best of a bad weather day.

Don't think so; I have him for at least one more.

Yea he's got at least 2 more years in him. He's only playing for majors now so I dont expect him to do much outside of them but the desire and talent is still there.

yeah I figured the reason all the european dudes loved the guy was because he seemed like a guy you'd enjoy having a beer with.

That may well have been Phil's last good shot at a major.
Yeah, I mean, he just finished 2nd at age 44, but golly, once he hits 45, forget about it. No chance.

but hey, if the FBI convicts him on insider trading charges, mebane may be right!

Shamelessly stolen from reddit.

b0qsb.jpg

That ish was awesome. What a finish and what a hell of a tournament. Rory is just another level.

This. By far my favorite Major of the year and usually the PGA is my least favorite. It was just awesome to watch...they just kept pushing each other until the end.

To me it's so much more fun to watch the best rise to the top and actually score than the way the US Open does it where the goal is to make the best just battle through and play close to par. I'd rather see the excitement of scoring with birdies and eagles than dudes trying to hack it out of the rough like I do on a weekly basis.

Phil and Ricky weren't catching Rory down 2 on 18. Actually, it surprised me that Rory teed off so quickly with driver. He almost paid dearly for it. He could have watched them play up and make birdie/par, then teed off with a fairway wood or iron for a safe par. So what if you wait until morning - it's a freaking major.

Back