• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Notre Dame game in 2020 moved to Charlotte

Pretty silly that people are getting upset that 80% of the fans will be ND fans. I hate to tell you guys, but that will be the case in Winston too.

What are the chances Kelly and Clawson don't coach in this game?

We aren't getting gate revenues at all. My understanding is that we were guaranteed "X" amount of money from the Charlotte Sports Foundation, which is roughly 3x the amount we would normally get for a home game in revenue.

That sounds like they are rolling the gate and concessions into one fee.

161102_college_inside.jpg

why is wake doing this any worse than any of these other teams doing this? or do people just love complaining?

I preface this by saying I don't really care about us doing this, but in the other cases a team isn't giving up an already scheduled home game against the same opponent to play these neutral-site games. We are

I preface this by saying I don't really care about us doing this, but in the other cases a team isn't giving up an already scheduled home game against the same opponent to play these neutral-site games. We are

Yep.

Since this is a "home" game do you reckon season ticket holders get tix to this?

that's the first legit reason, though definitely not worth the belly-aching imo

Pretty silly that people are getting upset that 80% of the fans will be ND fans. I hate to tell you guys, but that will be the case in Winston too.

That certainly wasn't evident with 36,300+ the last time.

Not as bad as the "home" game we sold out on in the 90's to F$U that was played in Orlando. The Caldwell Era was a real jewel.

We did the same thing for 2 home games vs Clemson in the 80s: one played in Japan, the other we were the home team in Death Valley for share of the $$. Like others have said, it's one thing when it is a neutral site game, but it's another to move a home game to a site where it will sound & feel more like a ND home game to the players. I guess Bob McCreary & Ben Sutton haven't given enough to Wake that we have to stoop to money-grubbing measures such as these. :p

Meh, whatever. We're still playing them at home in 2018. It's a non-conference game, we get some decent money from it, who cares? If this had been originally schedule in Charlotte rather than as a home game moved to Charlotte, nobody would be saying anything

Meh, whatever. We're still playing them at home in 2018. It's a non-conference game, we get some decent money from it, who cares? If this had been originally schedule in Charlotte rather than as a home game moved to Charlotte, nobody would be saying anything

People are bitching about our volleyball team not playing games in a building that is being gutted and renovated. There would be plenty of complaining and OUTRAGE !

Back