• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Obama's air strike plans in disarray after Britain rejects use of force in Syria

I have NOT blamed W for Syria. Saying I have is an ignorant lie.

I'm not blaming Bush for Syria. Let's get the record straight on that. Although Bush's unnecessary & disastrous war in Iraq has obviously had a definite impact upon the American people's attitude about any action that should be taken in Syria....as has already been pointed out.

Yup. Never suggested you were. Only suggesting that you've managed to turn yet another thread into your own little personal tantrum about Bush.

The-more-you-know.png

It's not even vaguely the same as W. If you read Frumm's book or Woodward's book, you'll see W and the neo-cons had been planning an invasion of Iraq from well before 9/11. They were willing to lie to get boots on the ground.

Obama is trying to do everything he can to avoid putting boots on the ground. He's even willing stipulate no boots on the ground,

The situations are dramatically different.

It's not even vaguely the same as W. If you read Frumm's book or Woodward's book, you'll see W and the neo-cons had been planning an invasion of Iraq from well before 9/11. They were willing to lie to get boots on the ground.

Did you read the article or did you just see Iraq and go into bash Bush, praise Obama mode?

The sort of limited strikes against Mr. Assad that President Obama has proposed remind many Iraqis not of the 2003 invasion but of the intermittent strikes against Saddam Hussein’s government in the late 1990s. Many Iraqis remember those strikes, undertaken by the Clinton administration, as having little effect on Mr. Hussein’s brutality and only adding to the misery of the population.

“In Iraq, we lived the experience of the international sanctions and the disciplining of the former dictatorial regime by missile strikes, from time to time, against the facilities and infrastructure of the Iraqi state,” wrote Fakri Karim, editor of the newspaper Al Mada, this week.

The Bush/Cheney presidency was not a joking matter. It did almost irreparable long-term damage to this country. This nation was at peace and had a budget surplus and surpluses projected as far as one could see when those two men came to office.

This Nation naively thought it was at peace, but Islamic extremists had very different plans.

I don't want to know if this is another Iraq. I want to know if this is another Afghanistan circa the 80s.

NO it isn't. Unless the GOP impeaches Obama and Biden and somehow put McCain in as Speaker (who will then become POTUS), there is no way we will be putting boots on the ground in Syria.

NO it isn't. Unless the GOP impeaches Obama and Biden and somehow put McCain in as Speaker (who will then become POTUS), there is no way we will be putting boots on the ground in Syria.

There are already special forces operating in Syria. You can't plan and carry out precision targeted strikes without them. Just because their presence in Syria is classified doesn't mean that they aren't there and haven't killed people.

There are already special forces operating in Syria. You can't plan and carry out precision targeted strikes without them. Just because their presence in Syria is classified doesn't mean that they aren't there and haven't killed people.

But they're wearing running shoes, not "boots." Thus...#Obamaisneverwrong

I'm not blaming Bush for Syria. Let's get the record straight on that. Although Bush's unnecessary & disastrous war in Iraq has obviously had a definite impact upon the American people's attitude about any action that should be taken in Syria....as has already been pointed out.

I would say that The war in Iraq has made a positive impact on the publics view of Syria. Our population is much less hesitant to throw ourselves into a war because we can see the mistakes of the past. So I agree with you. Libya is not Bushs fault and our attitudes are certainly impacted by he mistakes of the past. We are wiser as a public.

You guys are being farcical when you try to equate a small special forces operation with a 170,000-troop invasion & occupying army.

We strike Syria...Iran hits one of our embassies....then what?

What if your grandmother had balls? She would be your grandfather. You can play "what if" all day long. I can play that game, too....it's a good one. What if Katherine Harris had not stolen the 2000 election for Bush/Cheney? There would have been no Iraq War or wrecked economy with huge budget deficits due to that war and a simultaneous tax giveaway to the wealthiest Americans.
It's not a "what if" game if you're talking about potential future events. :rofl: It's called weighing the potential outcomes in order to make an informed decision. You do realize that the entire reason being presented for bombing Syria is to prevent a "what if" scenario, right? That's how decisions are made.

You should have passed that wisdom on to your man George W Bush 11 or 12 years ago. It would have saved this nation trillions of dollars and thousands of lives.

The nerve & hypocrisy of you Bush voters is amazing.

Nice change of subject...

Back