• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Odds on [Redacted] Being Fired

What are the odds that Bzz is fired/back?

• Total voters
At what point can I finally lose all hope that we will have a new coach next year? The end of today? The end of this week? The end of the NCAAT? Anybody have some insight as to a possible timeline?

What signs?

A few I've noticed:

-Press conference after Md game. He looked weak, defeated, tired, etc. No energy. He looked like a man about to lose his job.

-little vocal support from Ron Wellman in the more recent past. This is very different then the end of last year Imo.

-players in the last few games looked as if they had given up, the energy felt depleted and gone.

-multiple news sources have come out saying he should be fired.

-the media coverage has lost almost all BuzzIN and/or BuzzWAIT..

-ads in the papers received tremendous exposure.

Those are just what I have felt. They might not be spot on, but that's my best shot at the 'little' things that I have noticed which point to him being fired.

Unfortunately, the insiders on here aren't quite so optimistic, so he'll probably be back somehow.

I would have said 1/2 last week and immediately after the MD game. Unfortunately the people who seem to know better say he's staying.

A few I've noticed:

-Press conference after Md game. He looked weak, defeated, tired, etc. No energy. He looked like a man about to lose his job.

-little vocal support from Ron Wellman in the more recent past. This is very different then the end of last year Imo.

-players in the last few games looked as if they had given up, the energy felt depleted and gone.

Those are just what I have felt. They might not be spot on, but that's my best shot at the 'little' things that I have noticed which point to him being fired.

Unfortunately, the insiders on here aren't quite so optimistic, so he'll probably be back somehow.

This. The FSU .gif of Wellman speaks a lot of words.

A few I've noticed:

He'll be back. Wellman doesn't care what the fanbase thinks or does. He's committed to his warped vision of what Wake basketball should be, wins be damned.

Thanks for the responses. I thought after the momentum from last week and the rumors that some of you actually believed that Bzz was going to be fired. Apparently that's the case, but the true lunatic fringe is only about 15%.

I shared a rumor I heard that Bzz was out. but after hearing other rumors and arguments against BZZ being out (not that he deserves to stay but why he will) Sadly, I feel that it is more likely than not that he will be back.

At what point can I finally lose all hope that we will have a new coach next year? The end of today? The end of this week? The end of the NCAAT? Anybody have some insight as to a possible timeline?

1. after the win over NC State.
2. repeat with emphasis, after the win over #2 Miami.

I would say that if we hear nothing by the Wednesday after the championship game, then nothing will change. An extension could be announced later than that, but certainly not a firing.

So only 11% or so think he's gone? Wow, that's surprising.

I would say that if we hear nothing by the Wednesday after the championship game, then nothing will change. An extension could be announced later than that, but certainly not a firing.

I would say if nothing is heard by the end of this week, the chances of anything happening falls to <1%. There is no reason to wait longer. Our season is over. When Wellman is back in town, he will have some time to consider (or not even consider, who knows) the state of the program. If he isn't fired by the end of the week, he's not being fired.

There is no way another program of equal "prestige" would allow this atrocity to continue. If Wellman doesn't fire [Redacted] then we need to take this to Hatch and start calling him so often that he fires the pair simply to stop hearing about it!

What is IAI, and what are they confident of?

Interesting disparity between this poll and the poll two weeks ago where way more people thought he was gone. The only win we had in that time was VT at home.

Did people really think he'd be fired already?

Last edited:
I think it has become obvious that Wellman, nor any higher ups at the University give a shit about the fans or alumni unless you are writing a seven figure check... Buzz stays as attendance, but more importantly feelings toward the school, continues to drop.

I think it has become obvious that Wellman, nor any higher ups at the University give a shit about the fans or alumni unless you are writing a seven figure check... Buzz stays as attendance, but more importantly feelings toward the school, continues to drop.

Dammit you're telling me my six figure checks have meant NOTHING???

Back