• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Offical Sports Betting Thread

I have no idea what to expect from Richardson. I already have a bet on Jacksonville -4.5 because I just don't see a Richardson in his first start plus Deon Jackson/Evan Hull backfield getting the job done against anybody. The flip side is since I do think they'll be down he may end up throwing it more than he otherwise would.

Heard a pro prop bettor tout Richardson over 47.5 rushing yards this week against Jax. Said that Indy will have at least 6 designed runs, and that Richardson would have several other runs on pass play scrambles; prediction that 47.5 rushing yards would be the lowest total for any Richardson start this year. Generally like prop unders, but it made sense.

Houston now down to -8.5
Lots of professional money on Rice. Doesn't mean they will cover, but hearing Rice as a top play from several pro groups. The pros loved South Alabama against Tulane last week, and a Tulane cover was never in doubt. No sure things.

There may be some injury news coming down the pipe for Houston. Down a point and a half on almost every book in the last half hour. Possible pros just hammering it across the board at the same time but I'll peek around.

Flat spot for UNC, but how many points will the Heels score against an App defense that has lost its way?

UNC scored 63 points last year against App, and the App's gave up 24 to FCS Gardner Webb last week. Will be rooting for the Apps, but UNC could score 50, and their defense appears to be improved. Would lean toward the Apps, but pass.

I will take LaFayette against Duke tomorrow whenever the line comes out. Duke is coming off their biggest win in the last 50 years, and is playing on a short week, just 4 prep days). Lafayette is a weak Patriot League team, but if there was ever a spot for Duke to mail it in and play their 2nd and 3rd string early, this would be it. Sagarin has this line at 43. It won't be that high, but if it's 39 or more, I will take the Leopards (and be happy that this game isn't televised).
Took the over on that game too, probably influenced my decision. App State is gonna give up an unholy amount of points but despite UNCs defensive improvements I could definitely see App keeping it within 19

• App +19 @ UNC
  • App ML @ UNC (+610, put 50 cents for the hell of it. Roll neers)
  • App @ UNC O/58
  • Oregon -6.5 vs Texas Tech (feeling Bo-dacious)
  • Texas State +14 @ UTSA

Thoughts on JMU -6 vs Virginia? Feels like a lock but don't know how JMU is expected to be doing this season.

Last edited:
Like UVA. JMU struggled against a very weak Bucknell team. They have QB issues. UVA's defense is decent. UVA's starting QB got injured against TN. Think the game will be low scoring. Emotional game for UVA. First home game since the three UVA players were killed. Take the points.

Used a 50% profit boost from FD for today only and have Kansas ML tonight on a small bet at -115. Basically bought a field goal for the 50%.

Also tacked on App-UNC over 58.5 with an MGM profit boost.

Heard a pro prop bettor tout Richardson over 47.5 rushing yards this week against Jax. Said that Indy will have at least 6 designed runs, and that Richardson would have several other runs on pass play scrambles; prediction that 47.5 rushing yards would be the lowest total for any Richardson start this year. Generally like prop unders, but it made sense.
Draftkings is 45.5

With Christian Watson out, I placed a fairly large bet (for me) on the Bears -1. Good or bad decision? Seems like a no brainer to me. Love in his first real game, hostile environment against a fired up rival, missing his best receiver.

Vegas is good. At 7 PM three lines available from MGM, DK, Fanduel:

56.5 (-115)
57 (-110)
57.5 (-110)

One bet hits at a slightly lower value. One pushes one loses. Definitely a good example of find the best number even if you sacrifice a little on the back end

Let me think...should I play Pilchard's picks or Reff's picks.

This is about like asking if I want to play our home basketball games in a 6K seat bandbox or a 15K seat morgue.

Wake Forest -10
Notre Dame -7
UVA +6.5
Utah 1H -4
Ole Miss/Tulane u66.5
Memphis -21.5
UCLA -13.5
Wazzu +5.5
Auburn/Cal o55
Texas State/UTSA o66.5

Got considerable CLV on another 8 or so picks so I'm sure all of those will keep me warm tonight going 0 for a billion.

Added Stanford +29.5 for the late slate. Cal down to 5.5 and for me that's just a stay away - I think that should be back and forth.

Nebraska-Colorado continues to fascinate. Vegas just flat out barely moving the line and just heaps of money in on Colorado both ML and Spread. More bets on this game than any NFL game tomorrow I saw from a couple books. I'd imagine that there's a pretty good liability if Colorado wins by at least 4 but Vegas really digging their heels in. I wonder if they thought sharps would swoop in if the line got past 3.5 or so, but the money is BIG on Colorado.

Back