• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official '16-17 NBA Thread: not with a bang but a whimper

Or Shaq would foul out Draymond in a quarter and a half, and break his forearm while doing it, and then it would be 95% FG from there on out vs 45% 3s.

Also, don't forget that Kobe was the most alpha dude around and that KD, Steph and Klay are all sort of soft spoken millennial betas. Kobe would talk so much shit that he would take at least one of them completely out of it.

This is also why Lebron has lost 5 finals. MJ would never sub tweet anyone to get their attention.

Yeah, no. I'm not buying that Bryant would have somehow talked Durant or Curry into not being one of the 5 best players in the league.

Harper and Fisher (as much I have always disliked him) would have picked up Curry 3/4 court or so and beaten him up. They would have run Curry into picks over and over and over again. Klay would have had no chance to cover Kobe.

I think the Kobe, younger Pau. Odom, Bynum, Metta Lakers would be even better against the Ws.

It also speaks to the absurd level of talent in the NBA right now. There were at least 5 legitimate MVP candidates this year, maybe more. That's nuts.

And the top 2 MVP candidates aren't both top 5 players.

I am still in the camp is that the way to beat a GS type team is not to match them in tempo and range, but to pound the ball inside. Everyone is going small ball, and I dont think that is the answer. I think the alchemy of the Warriors lineup is super unique. They are probably the only team that can win the title this way, and it probably will only last another year or two.

The 3 fest of the last two years reminds me of the read option in FB. The biggest success stories of that era, RG3 and Kaep, are out of the league now. But all the coach donk tried to copy it as 'the future of the game' for two years before abandoning it as a fad that can only work with certain personnel.

So, we will probably see another year or two of small ball before the next dominant center comes along.

I agree that small ball should be a fad, but I'm not sure it is. We already should have dominant centers like Anthony Davis and KAT, but they too are beta millennial pussies who want to crossover on the perimeter and shoot 3s instead of plating their ass under the hoop. We've got guys on here wanting John Collins to start shooting 3s in the NBA instead of just beasting people insude. The fad isn't going anywhere until a coach tells his center that any time he shoots more than 7 feet from the basket he comes out for five minutes.

Or that simple math shows that a 3s at a 40% clip are better than 2s at a 59% or less rate

Or that simple math shows that a 3s at a 40% clip are better than 2s at a 59% or less rate

Not quite that simple. You need to factor in that it's more likely a shooter inside the paint is more likely to get fouled on shot attempt than a shooter from 3 (also, a shooter inside is more likely to get his own rebound than a shooter from 3). In addition to the additional points via free throws, there is benefit of getting the opponent guarding inside the paint in foul trouble. I'm sure there are statistical analyses that factor in these variables, but it's not quite as easy as saying a guy that shoots 40% from 3 is more valuable than a guy that shoots 55% from 2.

That's the problem with stats without context. Who gets the offensive rebounds? Who gets to the FT line? Who gets the opposing stars into foul trouble or not?

There are other factors.

That's pretty great. Wait... p great. I think I did that right. I'm old though and don't get it.

Jerry West to the Clipse

Buckets' property values just soared

"Dear Clipper Nation,

Since acquiring the L.A. Clippers in 2014, I have been adamant that our players, coaches and staff receive the support they need to do their best work on and off the court. I've also committed to giving our fans and their families the NBA's best game experience.

To date, we have greatly invested in our players, our coaching and support staff, our fan experience and our community.

Today, we are expanding that investment by entering into an agreement to explore an opportunity to build a new arena for the Clippers in the City of Inglewood. I have said from day one that we need to plan for the future. This agreement helps us do that by expanding our options.

The prospect of a new state-of-the-art NBA arena would allow us greater latitude to influence our game schedule, particularly as it relates to weekend games that are so important to our fans. We also want to offer our fans premium experiences in terms of technology, club spaces and other amenities; that's easier to realize in a new arena.

This new arena would be 100 percent privately funded. No public dollars would be used for this project.

STAPLES Center has proudly been the L.A. Clippers' home court since 1999. It will remain so until at least June 2024, when our lease expires. AEG, which operates STAPLES Center, remains our valued partner.

During the upcoming planning process, the Clippers and the City of Inglewood will work diligently together to evaluate this project in great detail. Regardless of where the Clippers take the court after 2024, I remain committed to helping the great city of Los Angeles and its citizens thrive. We look forward to sharing our progress as we continue along our journey to deliver championship results for our fans and the entire Los Angeles region.

Go Clips!

Steve "

INGLEWOOD, Calif. -- The Inglewood City Council unanimously approved an exclusive negotiating agreement with the LA Clippers on Thursday that could lead to the construction of an arena for the NBA team across the street from the future home of the NFL's Chargers and Rams.

The agreement calls for a three-year negotiating period, including a six-month extension, with a developer to build a state-of-the-art basketball arena with 18,000 to 20,000 seats. It requires the Clippers to pay a nonrefundable $1.5 million deposit to cover costs associated with the planning.

The proposed arena would be on a 20-acre parcel of land located across the street from the under-construction, $2.6 billion NFL stadium that is set to open in 2020. The Clippers' complex would include team offices, parking and a practice facility.

The land is currently occupied by a variety of businesses.

The Clippers have a lease to play at Staples Center in downtown Los Angeles through 2024. However, the team's owner, Steve Ballmer, has been open about his desire for a new arena since he bought the Clippers for $2 billion in 2014.

The Clippers share Staples with the Los Angeles Lakers, the NHL's Kings and the WNBA's Sparks, leaving the Clippers third in choice of dates. They've played at the arena since it opened in 1999.

Rams owner Stan Kroenke is privately financing the NFL stadium as part of a 698-acre mixed-use development that includes housing, retail and entertainment. The stadium is scheduled to host the Super Bowl in 2022.

Surprised there hasn't been more CP to HOU chatter. CP/Harden/(Gordon or Ariza)/Anderson/Capela can match the warriors 3 for 3.

Surprised there hasn't been more CP to HOU chatter. CP/Harden/(Gordon or Ariza)/Anderson/Capela can match the warriors 3 for 3.

Yeah. I like that lineup. Would they try to move Beverly, Gordon, or Lou or just have a badass bench and play a lot of three guard lineups? They could use another star, but I think their post players.

The only thing keeping the Clips from being the Clips is CP. Moving into a new stadium when he's headed to retirement (if he stays at all) is a huge risk.

Yeah. I like that lineup. Would they try to move Beverly, Gordon, or Lou or just have a badass bench and play a lot of three guard lineups? They could use another star, but I think their post players.

The only thing keeping the Clips from being the Clips is CP. Moving into a new stadium when he's headed to retirement (if he stays at all) is a huge risk.

They have to dump at least one of Beverly/Lou/Gordon/Ariza but a few of em are on good/easy enough contracts to easily move.

OK. That makes sense. That roster is one star away from being better than the Spurs.

Back