• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official '16-17 NBA Thread: not with a bang but a whimper

My "super strong hot take" was that Klay is not a top 30 player and shouldn't be in any top 10 or even top 20 conversation.

To call that a hot take, rather than a mere difference of opinion, you have to pretty much ignore all advanced metrics and go full on eye test.

Y'all are acting like I said Steph wasn't a top 5 PG or Lebron wasn't a top 10 player.
One could argue against a good part of that 3rd group, and a few of that 2nd group. But still that's putting him in that 25 range at best.
:plos:

also lol at calling Horford a top 30 player. gtfo.

so you think it's fair to put him at 25 but have been arguing about klay being top 20/30 for the past dozens of posts on this thread?

I think 25 is the absolute highest ranking you could make an argument for. That argument would be wrong, but it would at least be coherent.

I think the weight of the evidence puts him comfortably outside the top 30.

Brandon Ingram is straight up trash.

He'll never be Klay Thompson.

Losing my Cavs -6.5 bet tonight was tough. Smart mouthing off and getting a T at the end was my only hope.

I think 25 is the absolute highest ranking you could make an argument for. That argument would be wrong, but it would at least be coherent.

so although it's reasonable to rank him 25th, not 24th, not 23rd, but exactly 25th (because these things are clearly black and white despite different teams and positions)... but despite this being a coherent, reasonable argument, you argued vehemently that he's "comfortably" outside the top 30 derailing the thread for pages.

got it.

You don't have any weight of evidence. form 14-15 to 15-16, his 3pt % went down negligibly but his overall FG% was the slightly better. The defense from 14-15 to 15-16 was better.

The Warriors dramatically changed their team this year. Stats for less than half a season of newly designed team can't be used as indicative. The team lost both of its rim protectors and even MoBuckets was a big body. They also lost Barnes, who play some D. The Ws played team D as much as they played individual D. Without the help in the back and with having gone from a team that had played as a unit for three years, to a tremendously different team makes definitive statement have little value.

Their offense is also greatly different. KD loves a couple of Klay's favorite spots. So, he doesn't get those shots. Again, it's a totally new offense with many new teammates and it's very early.

There's a huge hole in your premise.

this argument got boring

hey @plama, i think netw3rk murdered yr son

this argument got boring

hey @plama, i think netw3rk murdered yr son

i didn't watch the game but all of basketball twitter started railing on Jah Okafor at the same time last night and for a good while. his box score is innocuous enough (24 minutes, 13 points on 6-15, 4 rebs) but he must have just been a defensive mess last night.

That guy is an idiot. Okafor is much better than Curry ever was.

In this season of hope, I hope that one day you'd pass a third grade maturity level.

netw3rk is a treasure.

i think this is why everyone started bashing HOF OAK at the same time last night.

Back