• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official '16-17 NBA Thread: not with a bang but a whimper

It was a pretty amazing dunk and everything, but Jordan did it better back when they let people play defense too !

a1fd208262b2ba0535c31762e4536f01.jpg

if his name wasn't giannis and/or he didn't already have some great nicknames already, Mr. Fantastic would be a p good one

Go ahead and round it out. Who is your Thing, Human Torch, and Invisible Woman?

Westbrook is the Human Torch, for sure.

Having trouble thinking of a good Thing. Whiteside? Maybe DAJ?

I ain't touching "Invisible Woman" label with a 10-foot pole. I'll let RJ make a bad joke about Chris Webber for that.

Go ahead and round it out. Who is your Thing, Human Torch, and Invisible Woman?

Thing:
a1be22056d95b621d97bbbc936eb5799.jpg

Alternate: Russ Westbrook
Human Torch:
dp-spt-teel-column-steph-curry-20150506

Alternate: Dame Lillard
Invisible Woman:
screen-shot-2016-10-03-at-1-49-52-pm.png

Alternate: Anthony Bennett

Yeah, Curry is a fine choice for Torch. But gtfo of here with Westbrook as alt-Thing, he is clearly, if anything, alt-Torch.

Yeah, Curry is a fine choice for Torch. But gtfo of here with Westbrook as alt-Thing, he is clearly, if anything, alt-Torch.

Maybe so. LBJ would also be a good choice for Ben Grimm. As fun as it would be, it's definitely not Ben Grimmons.

Klay Thompson seems like a better option for The Torch. Nobody seems to go as thermonuclear hot as Klay. Dude may be streaky, but his hot streaks are unreal.

I nominate Krystal Porbingoball as alternate Mr. Fantastic

Giannis just about had an in-game free throw line dunk.

Last edited:
Giannis just about had an in-game free throw line dunk.

A contested 14 foot dunk is about as good as it gets.

Edit: Sportscenter measured it at 14.7 feet. 3.6 inches from a FT line dunk.

Major fail in that they showed clips of 1st gamewinning shots by notable forwards. :smh

Last edited:
He was my first thought as well. The All-Time Thing is Charles Oakley.

Barkley went after and open shoved Oakley first, Oak got a shot in then Barkley got a full on cocked back attempt that seemed to barely miss. Either way: Verdict = Barkley not a punk there. He went for it vs the baddest man in the NBA.

Back