• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2012 Wake soccer thread: Deacs host Coastal in R32 Sunday

Just watched UNCC win a 2OT thriller against USC. I find it hard to believe they're the 5th best in the nation with a suspect back 4, but the play composed and with speed. Great home atmosphere as well.

I've watched these guys 3 times (if I remember correctly) and they always seem to win in 2OT....the games are long and brutal but they win

I went out to Fetzer for the match yesterday. I thought both sides looked very good for an early season game.

I was really impressed by some of our young guys. Gamble was as good as billed. Very fast, but plays in control. I think he could be a great one for us if he stays healthy. Jalen Robinson was phenomenal. Freshman defenders always make me a bit nervous, but this kid is solid.

Main weak spot was lack of communication in the back between Lisch and Duvall. UNC really should have had two goals in the second half due to Lisch thinking Duvall was going to play the ball back, and Duvall thinking Lisch was coming out to get it. Hopefully that will improve as the season goes on.

Shots were about even, but UNC's two or three best looks were much better than ours. Fortunately, one of their forwards managed to chip the ball over a empty net from about twelve out. So we were lucky to get out of CH with a tie--not because UNC was much better (they weren't), but because they blew some good opportunities.

Our best scoring opportunity came late in the second. Fink chipped the UNC keeper. Looked like it was going in from my angle, but went wide.

No Lubahn. Perhaps he is injured or something? I guess I should know this.

Great result for the team on the road and early in the season. Love to see the young guys playing well.

I've seen a few UNC games this year live and they have not looked good- definitely not deserving of their number 1 ranking. I sat with a former UNC player at the game today and we both thought the heels did not look into the game. Selfish play from their players which only resulted in a few opportunities. Although Wake didn't play a great game either, I thought their intensity was there and they may have been the better team last night.

One of their starting forwards (26 starts last year as a soph, 7 goals/5assists) has some sort of knee injury and hasn't played yet this year. I sort of know the kid through this girl he's trying to hook it with and he seems pretty unhappy with how they've played so far this year.

Wake's women unlucky to be a goal behind #1 FSU on ESPN at half. FSU scored on a lucky knee ball that went over Bledsoe's head, and the Seminole keeper had a great fingertip save on a Jackie Logue shot. Go Deacs!

OMG, the FSU women's soccer facilities -- locker rooms, 'soccer lounge', and traditions room -- are about 100x what we've got at Wake. Holy shit. The leather couches, computers, and flat screen tv look like a varsity basketball locker room.

Damn, fuck florida state. Their fucking women's team is a team of thugs.

Wake up 2-0 over Georgia Southern quickly here at Spry.

I'd be surprised if Gamble doesn't win ROY in the ACC. 3 goals already.

It's GS, but we are looking like we did back in our championship years. The passing is just unreal for us tonight.

No Lubahn. Perhaps he is injured or something? I guess I should know this.

Yeah, Andy hurt his knee in practice and is out for the year. He was planning on turning pro after this semester but those plans have been derailed now.

Big win tonight for the ladies - took down #4 Boston College 2-0 on two Stengel goals! Next game is Sunday at home versus Maryland.

Already made for sure, she set the Wake records for total goals scored and total points tonight. Thank goodness she came back healthy from the World Cup.

Did you watch either of the ESPN matches last week? Fucking Florida State; they are the worst.

Back