• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2013 NBA Draft Thread - That was great.

Cho said on the radio this morning they're trying to get another first round pick tomorrow, so Minnesota is probably the best team to deal with since they have #9 and #26. The only problem would be if someone else took Zeller before 9 (rumors are Phoenix likes him a lot)...then you'd be down to the second tier guys in the draft to choose from.

Those would be the only 3 intriguing pieces. The Bobcats/Hornets just have zero talent on this roster. It truly is embarrassing how far behind everyone else they are.

I think you're selling the other guys I listed short, but even so, they won't owe money to anyone outside of that group -- except for promising rook J Taylor + the other 2 lottery picks in 2014 -- after next season. So they could add at least two max deals to that core. The first year of the Hornets could be a very promising roster. But that's a debate for another thread.

I think you're selling the other guys I listed short, but even so, they won't owe money to anyone outside of that group -- except for promising rook J Taylor + the other 2 lottery picks in 2014 -- after next season. So they could add at least two max deals to that core. The first year of the Hornets could be a very promising roster. But that's a debate for another thread.

I don't think Charlotte is ever going to be a major player in free agency at least when it comes to max guys.

I don't think Charlotte is ever going to be a major player in free agency at least when it comes to max guys.

Until they a have a truly promising roster -- indisputably so -- I agree. But the type of roster we're talking about is a lean, young core of talented prospects plus a Wiggins/Parker/Randle type centerpiece. That could very well be the 2014 Hornets. But that free money could also be spent on 2-3 "near max" veterans as well, pushing the team into the playoff picture.

Cho said on the radio this morning they're trying to get another first round pick tomorrow, so Minnesota is probably the best team to deal with since they have #9 and #26. The only problem would be if someone else took Zeller before 9 (rumors are Phoenix likes him a lot)...then you'd be down to the second tier guys in the draft to choose from.

So would Minnesota do D Willams, #9, and #26 all for #4? If I was the Horcats I would do that one in a heartbeat.

So would Minnesota do D Willams, #9, and #26 all for #4? If I was the Horcats I would do that one in a heartbeat.

The smart move for the Cats would be to draft Oladipo and wait, only making the deal if Zeller is in fact available at 9. Otherwise, just keep Oladipo yourself.

Yeah, but then they could be stuck with Oladipo over somebody (i.e. McLemore) who would be a better fit for their roster.

Yeah, but then they could be stuck with Oladipo over somebody (i.e. McLemore) who would be a better fit for their roster.

That's the risk, but almost every front office loves Oladipo; the same cannot be said for McLemore. If you're drafting a SG for keeps, then I think McLemore is your guy at #4. If you want to shop the pick, then Oladipo is the way to go.

Cleveland has offered New Orleans the No. 1 pick for Greivis Vasquez, the No. 6 pick and a 2014 first-round pick.

Personally, I think that could be a phenomenal trade for Cleveland.

This has nothing to do with anything, but these two HD Jordan gifs are pretty awesome.

i1AdTUEz80Ah5.gif

ibfTvKlJmUQeKZ.gif

Glen Rice doesn't know WTF just happened.

I think it's moot because Oladipo probably goes 2nd after the Magic trade for Bledsoe, so the TWolves will no longer be interested in #4. If the top 3 goes Noel-Burke/McLemore-Porter/Bennett, and the Cats can pull off the trade, I say they do it. They have so many holes in that roster and I like some guys who should be available at 9. If Zeller is the guy, he should be there at 9. If he isn't, you're still looking at McLemore, Bennett, Len, Burke, or McColllum. Dwill + one of those guys + 26 is a pretty good haul for a bad roster.

Why would Cleveland want Vasquez? They already have Kyrie.

I could see the two first round picks.

Cleveland has offered New Orleans the No. 1 pick for Greivis Vasquez, the No. 6 pick and a 2014 first-round pick.

Personally, I think that could be a phenomenal trade for Cleveland.

Obviously a great deal for Cleveland. Vasquez is a perfect backup guard so that you can play with Waiters and Kyrie. Or with Waiters and McLemore/Oladipo (should either be available at #6).

The key is the 2014 1st round pick.

It's worth it for the Pelicans if the pick is top-10 protected and they make a run at the playoffs, which frankly should be the expectation in year two of the Brow and with Gordon presumably better... Sign Jose Calderon, Jarrett Jack, Devin Harris, or C.J. Watson, etc. Draft Nerlens #1 and the Hornets will have a top-5 frontcourt in 2014-2015.

Last edited:
Unless I get offered a crazy good deal or a sure fire good proven player, if I were a team no way i am moving a pick in 2014 draft. Maybe not even anywhere in the first round, as strong as the draft could be

so the ESPN "expert panel" came up with the following big board for their #nbadraftrank

1. McLemore
2. Noel
3. Oladipo
4. Burke
5. Porter
6. Bennett
7. McCollum
8. Len
9. Zeller
10. Carter-Williams

Huh? There's no chance the Bobcats pick Burke, right?

Back