• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

OFFICIAL 2017 WORLD SERIES L.A. DODGERS VS. ASTROS THREAD

Ya I can't believe we didn't get one of the two

Also Darvish tweeting himself in front of his Rangers locker at 3:50 and getting traded four mins later is pretty hilarious
We were stuck. Can't/won't re-sign Darvish, so we had a choice of getting what we could get for him now and hoping one or more of the trade pieces sticks in the majors, or a sandwich pick in the 60's/70's in the next draft. The Dodgers knew that, too. I'd assume Houston was never a realistic trade option, so that probably left a trade market of 1-2 teams for Darvish.

posted on Cubs thread but thought I'd bring it here. Going to Wrigley for the first time Saturday, is it worth it to sit in the bleachers? I don't feel like going two hours early thought to stake out a seat.

I sat in the bleachers and it was awesome (it was $3 beer night), but that was back in 2011 when the Cubs stunk and the renovations hadn't even started. I'm sure it's a completely different situation now.

If it's a day game, try to find seats with some shade. We sat in the Bartman section the next day - around this time of year too - and almost died.

I sat in the bleachers and it was awesome (it was $3 beer night), but that was back in 2011 when the Cubs stunk and the renovations hadn't even started. I'm sure it's a completely different situation now.

If it's a day game, try to find seats with some shade. We sat in the Bartman section the next day - around this time of year too - and almost died

My only trip to Wrigley was in Sept. of 1990. I'm certain Wrigley and Wrigleyville have changed dramatically. However, if the sun is still in the same place, this would be my very first piece of advice.

posted on Cubs thread but thought I'd bring it here. Going to Wrigley for the first time Saturday, is it worth it to sit in the bleachers? I don't feel like going two hours early thought to stake out a seat.

Upper level third base side is shade. Terrace reserve aisle 206-236 is shade. Field box and club box on the third base side is or will become shade as the game progresses. Upper level third base side is shade. Terrace reserve and upper level seats are covered and good for rain protection. If it's windy the bleachers are tolerable in the heat. If it's comfortable the bleachers are an experience. If money is no problem get as close to the field as possible. You only live once.

Me too. Over it now. My fondest memory of that '93 team (other than the fact that they beat the Braves in the NLCS) is every time there was a "baseball fight" it ended when the Phil's bullpen arrived. Most of the pitchers were very large men, and not one of them would dream of fucking with Dutch.

It works out well when your captain is also the dude who walks out of the cage match.

Last edited:
Used to listen to Dutch in the afternoons on the radio during the season, he was great - funny, told good stories, was fine taking a few shots about his wackadoo theories - good part of the Philly community during the season too.

It was sad to hear of his death. 55 is way too young. Cancer is just nasty. Sen. McCain is facing the same cancer that got Dutch.

Last edited:
Gorgeous night at Kauffman Stadium last night watching Whit Merrifield and the Royals play in the I-70 Series against the Cardinals. Going again tonight, traveling across the state on Wednesday about 4 hours to St Louis for a great Italian meal on The Hill that night and a game in Busch Thursday night. Wife & I also had a great lunch at Joes Kansas City BBQ yesterday with Whit. Real classy and nice young man. The fans in KC just love him and I can see why! Not a good night for the Royals but Whit did get a hit Monday night. Also 2 bombs by Moose & Hosmer.

Another one gone. Don Baylor passed away. Angels and O's played last night. He played for both. They honored him with a moment of silence at the game.

If I can get free, going to Target Field tonight - anyone been? Any good recs?

Was just there a few weeks ago. Had a really good dinner at 112 Eatery. The stadium is cool too.

AL WC race is going to be bananas. Royals, Mariners, and Rays all tied for the second spot at the moment, with the Orioles, Twins, and Angels right there.

Fuck these bullpen arms. Addison reed and joe Kelly blowwww

Back