• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

OFFICIAL 2017 WORLD SERIES L.A. DODGERS VS. ASTROS THREAD

Bregman! It’s a damn good thing they put Fisher in to run for McCann - there’s no way in hell they even wave Brian home there.

Roberts gave away this game by pitching Morrow. This is ridiculous.

This will get lost in the shuffle of that insane game, but it shouldn't be overlooked. Morrow had no business being out there, especially since Cingrani immediately came in and blew threw his three outs. You could make a case that this series would be over if it wasn't for Roberts' poor handling of his bullpen in Games 2 and 5.

This will get lost in the shuffle of that insane game, but it shouldn't be overlooked. Morrow had no business being out there, especially since Cingrani immediately came in and blew threw his three outs. You could make a case that this series would be over if it wasn't for Roberts' poor handling of his bullpen in Games 2 and 5.

Becoming more and more apparent that whenever a team loses in the playoffs, unless it's absolute blowout, the manager is going to get blamed (kind of like an OC in football). Just in this post-season, Girardi, Baker, Ferrell, even Francona and Madden have been savaged (after the fact) for their moves. Now Roberts and even Hinch have been criticized when their team lose. Baseball is the ultimate second guessers game.

The recent managerial tendency to limit the reliance on starters and use the bullpen early and often deserves criticism. "All hands on deck" makes sense if a team is facing elimination. To do so early in a series creates two problems. It removes the staff from the patterns of use the manager has established during the course of the season that have been effective. It overworks the bullpen and decreases their effectiveness. The result is an entertaining 13-12 extra inning game.

Wonder if more teams will follow the Astros' model of pitching 6-7 starters during the reg season and then using those guys fairly heavily out of the pen in the playoffs.

Seems like the Dodgers could use a guy like Ryu right about now instead of him rotting on the bench. Also don't see why Maeda couldn't have pitched more innings a la McCullers or Peacock

Man I'd be so pissed if I were one of these Dodgers pitchers getting pulled

Is Roberts liked by the players at all?

Guessing he gets more respect if they actually pull it off

Man I'd be so pissed if I were one of these Dodgers pitchers getting pulled

Is Roberts liked by the players at all?

Guessing he gets more respect if they actually pull it off

You should be loving it. These moves are 100% analytics.

I know his general philosophy is guided by analytics, but I don’t know that his decisions this series have been analytically sound.

I know his general philosophy is guided by analytics, but I don’t know that his decisions this series have been analytically sound.

Doesn't seem so, since Dodgers are losing.

Either Dodger pitching is overrated or Houston is the best hitting team in baseball. Or, maybe both.

Back