• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2018-19 NBA Season Thread - NBA Finals Raptors Win #WeTheNorth

I still think Westbrook and Harden are a bad fit. Westbrook is pretty useless without the ball, and Harden is just better with the ball than Westbrook. So while their minutes will be staggered, during the times they play together, either Westbrook will be standing around, or, you will reduce your offensive efficiency by having Westbrook run the offense.

For a team that prizes 3PT shooting this is a really odd move. Feels like Westbrook is definitely not going to enjoy standing around watching the Iso-Harden offense.

For a team that prizes 3PT shooting this is a really odd move. Feels like Westbrook is definitely not going to enjoy standing around watching the Iso-Harden offense.

Iso-Harden needed to go anyways if the Rox were gonna win shit

I realized there's a lot of low-hanging fruit on the Harden-Bestbrook pairing, but Westbrook has been top 3 in assists over the last four years with less shooting and PnR savvy than the Rox have now. It will definitely take some good coaching and a little humility from the two MVP candidates, both of which are questionable, but the ceiling is definitely much higher than Harden-CP3.

Who is not going to have the ball?

Chris' D wasn't as good as it was five years ago but is still better than Russ'.

Would be hilarious if HOU just plays one man at center court ON OFFENSE to protect against the 1 in 4 chance of a turnover per possession. They aren't needed on offense anyway.

My other thought is that should CP3 stay in OKC, I am definitely drafting Adams in fantasy. Dude is going to go 20+/10

I think Adams will probably get that anyway. Adams had quite a few shots taken away form him by Westbrook/George and he had quite a few defensive rebounds taken away by those guys

Also I know CP3 is a beloved Deac, but at what point in time do we get to be honest and say he obviously rubs most players the wrong way and does seem to be the leader he thinks he is. Between NO, Clips and now Hou, there is quite a bit of evidence here

Can Westbrook learn to play off ball like DWade did when LBJ came to Miami? He got so many buckets on cutting to the rim after being pretty ball dominant in the preceding years.

fun to think about defensive matchups, like who guards Harden and Westbrook when they play the Clips? when they play the Lakers?

They are probably starting to realize that, unless you happen to have Steph Curry and Klay Thompson, prizing 3PT shooting to the degree they did was a stupid strategy.

Assuming no massive personality eruption (which is definitely possible) and they scrap their chuck and duck gameplan and instead play to their strengths, then I think the Rockets can be significantly better this year than they were last year. But if Harden and Westrbook turn each game into a 3PT HORSE contest then yeah they will suck ass.

How about:

CP3 and Aquaman to the Heat for:

Winslow, Dion Waters, Goran, Bam, Kelly O + a 1st rd pick

Of course, it makes more sense to trade James Johnson if you can, but i just couldn't bring myself to do it. I would love to watch a CP3 + James Johnson team.

Grayson Allen finally snapped. Took a while, but he is back to his old stupid anger management self. A veteran would have decked him last night.

Also, Trey Lyles is awful. Would not have over-reacted like that and signed him, at all.

If you lose confidence in Davis Bertans and ultimately trade him, then you end up "replacing" Bertans with a guy Denver also completely lost confidence in. You are losing.

I hear what you're saying, but I kind of liked him. He put up pretty good numbers in Denver (and Utah) in limited minutes, but then the playoffs hit and teams go only 8 deep.

But I agree that Marcus Morris was going to be in their top 8 if not top 5 and Lyles will likely be the 9th, 10th or 11th guy - Bertans hit some big 3s in regular season games the last few years...

Man, its rough hearing all this Chris Paul is the worst contract in the NBA talk for a Chris Paul superfan. But yeah, he really lost a step FAST last year. I wonder if he was/is out of shape a bit.

I actually suspect that CP3 doesn't have the speed to play in the iso system that Houston played, but if he goes back to P&R play I'm guessing he might get closer back to his Clippers' efficiency. He should be able to run a P&R and hit a jumper at the free throw line like he did with the clips until he's 38.

It’s got to be rough knowing your boy is making $40M+ a year until he’s 37. His biggest problem will be casting a new State Farm agent. Maybe Cliff is bringing his talents to South Beach too.

Back