• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2021 College Football Thread: Grass Picker Named to CFP Selection Committee!

https://biographydaily.com/2021/11/02/who-is-pole-assassin-aka-dani-thomas/

I hope for this guy's sake he stays employed making money because she ain't with him for looks:
1236282631.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLlbWiTo_wQ

Last edited:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1980_North_Carolina_Tar_Heels_football_team

And the previous season the Holes were undefeated and ranked in the top 10 midseason before getting waxed at Oklahoma; their only loss of the season but did not sniff the top 10 afterwards. That was also an interesting season for the Deacs; lots of hype coming off the Tangerine bowl and we opened vs. VT on t.v. (a rarity in those days). We ended up 5-6 that year, but were within 7 points of 9-3. Mackovic bolted for the Cowboys soon afterwards.
Footnote to that season vs. UNC: far as I know w/o looking it up, is that still the largest crowd in Groves/BB&T history?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1980_North_Carolina_Tar_Heels_football_team

And the previous season the Holes were undefeated and ranked in the top 10 midseason before getting waxed at Oklahoma; their only loss of the season but did not sniff the top 10 afterwards. That was also an interesting season for the Deacs; lots of hype coming off the Tangerine bowl and we opened vs. VT on t.v. (a rarity in those days). We ended up 5-6 that year, but were within 7 points of 9-3. Mackovic bolted for the Cowboys soon afterwards.
Footnote to that season vs. UNC: far as I know w/o looking it up, is that still the largest crowd in Groves/BB&T history?

It's second behind the 2004 UNC game.

Little known factoid. 10% of FBS players entering the portal land at another FBS institution. Gonna take a while for players to realize this fact.

Just saw that Duke is hosting Pitt for homecoming. That really ought to help them build on their 93-7 deficit the last 2 outings.

Nothing exciting on the schedule tonight with GSU at Louisiana. That is the Ragin' Cajuns in case weren't sure.

Games of interest tomorrow with Va Tech -3 at BC and Utah -7.5 at Stanford.

Is there a site that shows WoW trends for various stats like SOS? Curious how a Stanford loss impacts Oregon's SOS, etc...

A few interesting games tomorrow

tOSU -14.5 at Nebraska
MSU only -3 at Purdue
Mizzou at Georgia -39. Missouri hasn't covered a spread all season so this one is super big. Will we see JT Daniels ?
OkSt -3.5 at WVU
Auburn at A&M -4.5. I like A&M to cover this one.
Miss St at Arkansas -4.5
NC State only -2.5 at FSU
Tennessee is -1 at UK in a battle of contrasts between the fast paced TU offense and UK's stingy defense
Oregon -7 at UW

It's kind of a shitty schedule this weekend, IMO. But that's when you inevitably see a bunch of upsets.

I'm kind of interested in GT @ Miami... Feels like a letdown game for the Canes after a couple of nice wins and people starting to say that Diaz could save his job and still go 8-4.

Obviously interested in NCSU @ FSU given the Atlantic implications.

MichSt/Purdue, Oregon/Washington, and Auburn/A&M also worth my attention.

If I'm gambling tomorrow (and I don't plan on it)... I'd take GT FSU Purdue Washington

As you watch this Stanford - Utah game, keep in mind there is a non-undefeated team 5 CFP spots above us that lost to this Stanford crew.

Immediate reaction:

Utah is going to beat Oregon.

Fuente is dunzo at VT.

BC isn’t a certain victory.

Immediate reaction:

Utah is going to beat Oregon.

Fuente is dunzo at VT.

There's so much circular logic in college football and the transitive property doesn't work, but how good is any team in the Big 10 really? Do we really know if the SEC is any good? The PAC12 looks like garbage. Yeah the ACC isn't top loaded (outside these Deacs), but is this conference top to bottom much weaker really than any other conference?

</Rhetoric>

Official 2021 College Football Thread: Va Tech at BC +3, 7:30 on ESPN2 ! !!!!!!!!!! !

As you watch this Stanford - Utah game, keep in mind there is a non-undefeated team 5 CFP spots above us that lost to this Stanford crew.

And they’re getting a ton of credit for beating a team whose best win was over a team on a 3 game losing streak whose best win was over a team on a 2 game losing streak whose best win was over an unranked 5-3 team.

The whole SEC/Big Ten house of cards falls down if you actually don’t assume SEC and Big Ten teams are better than every other team. Minnesota lost to Ohio State and Bowling Green and they’re ranked? Their best win was Purdue.

Yeah, they apparently got their starting QB back for the first game since UMass. The announcers were saying he’ll be playing on Sundays. I don’t know enough about him to dispute that.

Yeah, they apparently got their starting QB back for the first game since UMass. The announcers were saying he’ll be playing on Sundays. I don’t know enough about him to dispute that.

He had like 115 yards in the air. Let’s pump the brakes a bit.

This is an honest question that I would like someone to explain. What is the reasoning for Oregon being a top 4 team when they have a loss to a 3-6 Stanford team? I could understand maybe if their loss was to Georgia or something, but it seems like a bad loss like that should be enough to at least keep them out of the top four, right? Why are people so high on them?

Back