• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2022-23 College Basketball Thread: UCONN - One Shining Moment

Glad I got to see coach k on a commercial. And he was birding...

Van Grundy immediately recognized the baseline inbounds plays as an issue - Duke’s PG struggling to get it in over Tenn’s center.

Will be interesting to see if Scheyer adjusts in this game. Feel like he should have already. Could be telling about his ability to recognize/adjust as a rookie coach.

We troll Ess Eee See people all the time for riding Bama and UGA, yet then have people rooting for Duke in this spot. I...don't get it. At all.

We troll Ess Eee See people all the time for riding Bama and UGA, yet then have people rooting for Duke in this spot. I...don't get it. At all.
This comparison is ridiculous. I just don’t want the ACC to suck as bad as it does because I love the ACC.

I hate Filipowski but he’s improved a ton over the course of the season.

Sorry but the concept of Duke winning it all somehow boosting the ACC’s perception is off base. 3 teams in Elite 8 last year and the league was worse than ever this year.
Enjoy your day and put on an orange shirt.

Yes- let’s root for the very league that’s killing us. Makes tons of sense.

Sorry but the concept of Duke winning it all somehow boosting the ACC’s perception is off base. 3 teams in Elite 8 last year and the league was worse than ever this year.
Enjoy your day and put on an orange shirt.
Totally agree - most people think of the ACC as Duke/UNC and Duke advancing cements that. Aside: this game is awful and is really hard to watch.

Different world of college bb now, but 4 of those guys were from NC, all played for their local high school (vs. an academy or charter), and 3 of the 4 were from small-towns in eastern NC. Going back to the Gil McGregor days, that was our bread-and-butter recruiting strategy, i.e. drive down and show up at these small gyms and get the guys that UNC and Duke weren't interested in.
Rudd too. And Young was from Raleigh. Teachey from Goldsboro.

Back