• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2023-24 NBA Season Thread - Conference Finals: Celtics-Pacers, T-Wolves-Mavericks

That goes all the way back to the 2012 draft.

I don’t think there are any UK guards in the NBA now who underperformed their first round draft position.

Amigo bat signal lit!

a0040d05151b57c421a7448929152a78.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trae Young out at least four weeks. Looks like he’s probably out for the season based on reports I’ve seen.

The Trae Young trade rumors are legit. Both could be gone.

A team like the Magic is a star PG away from contending. Obviously there’s a been chatter about the Spurs. The Hawks will definitely be a team to watch in the offseason.

This will be a fun rivalry.

Wemby is on pace to get very close to 250+ blocks, 250+ asts, 100 stls, and 120 3pts.

Of course, both have a long way to go to reach Jokic. He just had his 3rd 30/15/15 triple-double and 3rd 15 reb, 15 ast game in a row.

The Trae Young trade rumors are legit. Both could be gone.

A team like the Magic is a star PG away from contending. Obviously there’s a been chatter about the Spurs. The Hawks will definitely be a team to watch in the offseason.
Can a team really win a conference title or NBA title with Trae? While he's a phenomenal talent, he can be such a defensive liability and coach killer. I don't think I want that for Wemby.

It's a good question. The Hawks are in a tough situation. Is the problem their star? Is the problem their front office not properly building around their star? Is it the coaching?

The big issue for the Hawks is that they can't do a full rebuild unless they trade with the Spurs and get their unprotected 2025, 2026 pick swap, and unprotected 2027 back. Unless they do that, they either have to get picks from other franchise likely to be in the lottery or trade Trae in a package for a better player.

As such, I think their biggest problem is the front office who traded Luka for Trae in the first place then traded unprotected picks for another PG to play their 6-1 PG off the ball.

In the span of one road trip, the Hornets won in Utah, where they hadn't won since 2006, and in Portland, where they hadn't won since 2008. They are 5-1 since the new guys showed up. Top 10 in both offense and, more importantly, defense. Maybe this will get LaMelo out of street clothes, who knows.

If he hadn’t rolled his ankle on that ref he may have already achieved a conference title

Back