• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2023-24 NBA Season Thread - T-Wolves and Thunder sweep

Warriors making a comeback with TJD finally at C but oh wait 0-10 Klay is somehow still on the floor taking 3s so let’s take out TJD and bring in CP with no PnR partner

Make it make sense

TNT is writing the obituary. Looking forward to reading the Dubs rebuild takes.

I really can’t think of a worse coaching display than what I just witnessed from Kerr

That may have been the first game in CPs career where he ran zero PnR

So where does CP go from here? His $30M is non-guaranteed for next season. No way the Warriors pick it up, so he'll be an unrestricted free agent. The best team he could probably start for Magic. He could go back to the Suns. Maybe he returns to New Orleans. Maybe he finally plays with Lebron. I'd love to see him work the PnR with Wemby but I can't see him taking less money to play for a team that's several years away even if he'd get to play with the next big thing.

Damn. Javale out there doing human victory cigar type shit.

So where does CP go from here? His $30M is non-guaranteed for next season. No way the Warriors pick it up, so he'll be an unrestricted free agent. The best team he could probably start for Magic. He could go back to the Suns. Maybe he returns to New Orleans. Maybe he finally plays with Lebron. I'd love to see him work the PnR with Wemby but I can't see him taking less money to play for a team that's several years away even if he'd get to play with the next big thing.

He had a solid season overall and he still has a year or two left IMO

I highly doubt he does anything east coast or central, he might do it for OKC especially if they get knocked out early

If it weren’t for the Zeke drama I could see the Suns picking up CP

Future

Clipper

I really can’t think of a worse coaching display than what I just witnessed from Kerr

That may have been the first game in CPs career where he ran zero PnR
In Kerr’s defense he used every ounce of his mental energy managing Draymond’s insanity (and Klay’s downfall etc.). Bob Meyers taking on the Commanders role put all of the extremely difficult relationship management on Kerr. Kerr is much better at relationship management than other coaches on the hot seat like Ham.

It would be interesting to simulate a season where the coach managed the relationships and outsourced the lineup decisions to AI.

the warriors do

steph gonna finish out his career at golden state

if he doesn't, it's gonna be as a third option on a contender when he's almost 40

so I'm guessing that Zion is going to sit out the Pelican's next play in game on Friday even though he looked healthy enough to play in a playoff game when he marched to the locker with no limp with 3 mins left in a tie game. So good and so soft all at the same time.

TNT is writing the obituary. Looking forward to reading the Dubs rebuild takes.
It's time. I see no reason for them picking up the Paul option and keeping Dray and Klay. Do your best to rebuild around Steph so he can retire a Warrior.

It's time. I see no reason for them picking up the Paul option and keeping Dray and Klay. Do your best to rebuild around Steph so he can retire a Warrior.
Draymond is crazy but he is still a valuable player when his head is right and he's a perfect fit with Steph

don't think you can get much for him in the trade market -- I think he stays

Draymond is crazy but he is still a valuable player when his head is right and he's a perfect fit with Steph

don't think you can get much for him in the trade market -- I think he stays
I agree he's a good player. Trouble is they can't control him, and he's going to miss 20-30 games a year due to suspensions.

who else is excited for bulls-hawks??

It doesn’t even feel like a play-in game.

I don’t think they keep Draymond because he hurts them in other ways. Steph may be tired of him. I think some team would be interested and would give up a second and maybe a heavily protected first to take on his contract.

Betting $76K and walking away with a $22K profit is impressive. With his NBA career over, Johntay has a future as an NBA tout.

Back