• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2023-24 NBA Season Thread - Game 3 Tripleheader on ESPN at 5:30

He really is. He would be a great backup behind LaMelo when he plays, and is a solid starter for the 75 games that LaMelo sits out.
The Hornets might want to suggest to Lamelo that he not do his requisite 30 min shootaround before every game where he exhibits absolutely no sign of any injury whatsoever. It's unnecessary and is a really bad look. Although, the clothes he wears on the bench during games is an admittedly much worse look.

Sengun dropped 45 on him and then he's out for the season.

feels like a pretty good chance sports betting reduces my interest in sports -- feels like we're just getting started

probably for the best

Luke Garza getting some run tonight for the wolves due to the rest of the frontcourt being injured

for the first few months of the season I thought he was Wally Szczerbiak on the bench as an assistant coach until I googled it

Speaking of great Big Ten big men unlikely to make a difference in the NBA, I saw Zach Edey mocked to the Spurs in the early 2nd round. He and Wemby together would be hilarious.

If the season ended today, two of Luka/Kyrie, KD/Book/Beal, Lebron/AD, and Steph/Klay/Draymond would miss the playoffs.

Last edited:
Wizards have seized control of the worst record in the NBA.... Don't see them giving up that mantle.

The Wizards 9 man rotation included:

Pat Baldwin Jr.
Richaun Holmes
Johnny Davis
Jared Butler
Justin Champagnie
Anthony Gill
Jules Bernard
Corey Kispert
Jordan Poole

Of course, this comes in a year with a notoriously bad draft for top-end talent.

Are they going to build around Kuzma or tear it down even further?

Their new braintrust has OKC roots. So, they are prepared to be bad for awhile. They signed Kuzma because they needed to stay above the salary cap minimum. Right now, it's a perfect marriage because the Wizards will pay him more than other NBA teams, but he's not good enough to keep the Wiz from tanking. He apparently likes it in DC (he lives in Arlington, VA). Tyus Jones is a solid PG; thought a playoff team would grab him before the deadline.

That said, when the Wiz are finally competitive, Kuzma won't be part of the core group. They hope Bilal Coulibaly will. He exudes potential, but is raw. Washington will be bad for a while.

James, I'd rather you not even pretend to play defense. It's a waste of both our times.

Ok, coach.

I was traveling too. Looking forward to settling into full League Pass mode tonight. I'd add that the Nuggets are still great. The Ja-less Griz are 0-3.

Good Deadspin read questioning the G-League Ignite model.
NBA Shutting Down G-League Ignite after this season. They are 6-40 this season.

Makes sense with Overtime Elite, NIL, and overseas. There's no point putting a team out there.

Has LaRavia developed a new pet move or something? He’s scored in double figures 9 of the last 10 games, but more notably, all of a sudden he’s a free throw machine. 9 free throw attempts last night including several down the stretch where it looks like the Griz were going to him, like, intentionally?

NBA Shutting Down G-League Ignite after this season. They are 6-40 this season.

Makes sense with Overtime Elite, NIL, and overseas. There's no point putting a team out there.

The Hornets passing on Scoot is an enjoyable recent example of one of my teams doing something right.

Back