• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2023 College Football Thread: Michigan Recognized as National Champions of Cheating !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't see how Alabama goes over Texas if the results on the field matter at all. They played in Tuscaloosa and Texas won. Both lost one game and won their conference.

And 1 loss Texas, who won at Alabama, has to get in ahead of 1 loss Bama.

Sure that makes sense to us but they will get a lot of credit for beating Georgia.

And FSU will get a lot of credit for beating Wake Forest.

UGA isn't same team with all these injuries IMO and If FSU proceeeds to blow them out, I think it's a give that the SEC is as overrated as we have said they were all year.

Boise state is about to win the MWC after they fired their coach in his second season despite not having a winning overall record, that’s just harsh man.

Noles fans better prepare their anuses if Bama wins this
I been lubing mine up for quite a few weeks now before Jordan went down. FSU vs. Liberty in the CFA bowl seems realistic. I guess at least I can ride my bike to the game and probably get in free with all the CFA points I've accrued this year. Not to mention the spiritual lifting it will be.

I want Georgia so bad primarily so I don’t have to hear Saban whine for the next year that his Team should have been in the CFP.

For some reason I thought Michigan was playing Ohio State tonight. Bummed to find out it's Iowa. Fucking divisions.

So Michigan is definitely in because they aren't losing to Iowa. Washington is in. FSU is in with a win.

"But you're punishing Georgia for playing in the extra SEC Championship game by dropping them from 1 to 5"

Chances seem way better for two SEC teams than 0 if Bama wins. Not sure if Texas or FSU gets left out.

Agreed, of course the flip side of that (which isn't as relevant moving forward with expanded playoff) is Alabama just saying "why the fuck would we even bother playing top teams early in the year then? If we had just beaten Kent State 70-0 instead of playing Texas we make the playoff"

Bama getting in over a team that beat them straight up, and also won their conf championship would be complete bullshit.
Absolutely, but have you heard of the SEC? Maybe Texas gets the nod since they will be SEC next year.

Back