• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2023 College Football Thread: Michigan Recognized as National Champions of Cheating !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FSU aint beating UGA granted, neither is anyone else. FSU has had a great season. Danny has a lot more fight in him than me. FSU played schedule they were given. Personally, I would rate UGA, Michigan, OSU and Washington above us but thats just me. I thought ACC would be a lot better this year.
Stoneville, Nov. 13.

Are there documents? Seems like it’s a bunch of people in a hotel conference room just talking in between bouts of crappy hotel catering meals – build your own sandwich bars, continental breakfasts, cookies and coffee, etc.

I don't think we are one of the 4 BEST teams however, I was more irritated at the conduct of ESPN throughout this whole ordeal which was just a bucket of bull. They still can't make up their mind on whether we were left out due to Jordan being hurt or not.

The fact that they put us #5 yesterday was the biggest indication of that. They wanted to get us on TV for entertainment and suspense value and then get our reaction when we aren't picked. All of last week the narrative was "Nobody wants to see FSu get destroyed by UGA, Bama, Michigan" yet they matched us up in the OB and can't stop building the game up because they know UGA and FSU is gonna draw the biggest national TV audience outside of the final four games. If they picked the 4 best teams, UGA should have been in the top 4 and definitely not 6 behind us but it wasn't about the "Best team" or "deserving team". It was about ESPN and TV.

Even that dweeb Corrigan said FSU was gonna be severly hurt by "Heisman Hopeful", Jordan Travis absence when Jordan hasn't been mentioend hardly any this year for heisman but they were building him up for their narrative.

For the record, I don’t go out of my way to watch bowl games other than the CFP. If it’s on and I don’t have something else to do, I’ll watch, kind of like Jeopardy or Masked Singer.

I don't think we are one of the 4 BEST teams however, I was more irritated at the conduct of ESPN throughout this whole ordeal which was just a bucket of bull. They still can't make up their mind on whether we were left out due to Jordan being hurt or not.

The fact that they put us #5 yesterday was the biggest indication of that. They wanted to get us on TV for entertainment and suspense value and then get our reaction when we aren't picked. All of last week the narrative was "Nobody wants to see FSu get destroyed by UGA, Bama, Michigan" yet they matched us up in the OB and can't stop building the game up because they know UGA and FSU is gonna draw the biggest national TV audience outside of the final four games. If they picked the 4 best teams, UGA should have been in the top 4 and definitely not 6 behind us but it wasn't about the "Best team" or "deserving team". It was about ESPN and TV.

Even that dweeb Corrigan said FSU was gonna be severly hurt by "Heisman Hopeful", Jordan Travis absence when Jordan hasn't been mentioend hardly any this year for heisman but they were building him up for their narrative.
Any system that does not reward a team playing at the highest level and deemed highest level of college football is the P5 level, for perfection in their win-loss record is very flawed. Too bad Georgia didn't win because I think we might have very well had 4 undefeated conference champions in the playoffs, which I assume would've been the first time ever.

For the record, I don’t go out of my way to watch bowl games other than the CFP. If it’s on and I don’t have something else to do, I’ll watch, kind of like Jeopardy or Masked Singer.
I rarely watch any bowl games unless Wake is playing. They're meaningless exhibitions, and the majority of kids that will be drafted don't play for good reason. It's really a jump start on spring football and a chance for coaches to look at potential new starters.

They still can't make up their mind on whether we were left out due to Jordan being hurt or not.

The fact that they put us #5 yesterday was the biggest indication of that.
I don’t understand the argument that the reasoning has to be binary - why does it have to be one thing or another thing. It seems obvious to me that multiple factors all combined to cost FSU the playoff spot. Yes, it was the loss of Travis, but it was also Texas and Alabama both having more valuable and noteworthy championship wins, it was probably also FSU needing to win impressively and not doing so. Multiple combined factors.

I don’t understand the argument that the reasoning has to be binary - why does it have to be one thing or another thing. It seems obvious to me that multiple factors all combined to cost FSU the playoff spot. Yes, it was the loss of Travis, but it was also Texas and Alabama both having more valuable and noteworthy championship wins, it was probably also FSU needing to win impressively and not doing so. Multiple combined factors.
Not sure Texas' win over OK State was noteworthy.

This is the same OK State team lost to South Alabama 33-7; they lost to USF 45-3; BYU was awful this year, and OK State needed a miracle comeback and 2 OTs against hapless BYU in the season finale to just get to the championship game. It was embarrassing that OK State was the Big 12 championship game participant. If it really came down to the Championship game, FSU shutting down L'ville was at least on par with Texas running it up against fraudulent OK State.

Last edited:
Interesting how Vegas is trying to factor in opt-outs, transfers and motivation (or lack there of) into the bowl lines. Some crazy line movements already:

Troy -4.5 opener to -7.5 versus Duke (got to like the under in this game got 44.5 down to 43)
Minnesota -6 opener to -3.5 versus Bowling Green (Minnesota QB opt out)
VT -4.5 opener to -8 versus Tulane (Willie Fritz took the Houston job; mass Tulane transfers)
WV -1.5 opener to -3 versus UNC (anticipating a Drake Maye opt out)
L'ville -6 yo -7.5 versus USC
Miami -6 to -3.5 versus Rutgers (Miami QB opt-out and QB injury)
tOSU -7 to -2 versus Mizzou (mass transfers and opt-outs for the Bucks)

Can't lie, Something about Kirk Herbstreit and Paul Fartbomb having to testify in front of Congress or the Senate makes me laugh.
The gentleman from Mississippi will now be recognized:

“First time questioner, long time listener, PAWL. Mr. Finebaum, would you agree that with regards to Florida State University that they, and I quote ‘ain’t played nobody’, and would you agree that they would be 6-6 at best with an SEC schedule? Go Rebs! I yield the remainder of my time.”

The gentleman from Mississippi will now be recognized:

“First time questioner, long time listener, PAWL. Mr. Finebaum, would you agree that with regards to Florida State University that they, and I quote ‘ain’t played nobody’, and would you agree that they would be 6-6 at best with an SEC schedule? Go Rebs! I yield the remainder of my time.”
I actually listened to that for just a few minutes today and I’ve figured out Pawl’s angle. Pawl is a nerdy, little man, who is dumb as mud and the only way he can make himself feel good about himself is to take calls from people who are actually dumber and more pathetic than he is.

Back