• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2023 College Football Thread: Michigan Recognized as National Champions of Cheating !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All kudos to Saban for rebuilding Bama to the top of college football, but Bama's success has been so great that it has caused people to forget how... mediocre is unfair, but not elite is fair before Saban:

In the six coaches and 25 seasons between Bear and Saban, Bama won 9 or fewer games 16 times. Bama actually had a losing record 5 times. Think about Alabama going 5-7. During that stretch Bama finished the season in top 4 (essentially CFP qualifier territory) only once in 25 years. Alabama is a small population state, and although football crazy, it does not produce the football talent that GA, FL, TX or even LA or Ohio does. Not saying Bama will suck, but it's considered an elite job, only because of Saban's amazing run. The wrong hire, and Bama becomes... Auburn.
Bama won the national championship under Gene Stallings. That’s elite. They also had to vacate 16 victories under Shula, which makes it look worse.

I think they'll mostly strikeout on the big names that first come to mind. I'm not convinced Kiffin wants the job.

Lanning turned A&M down cold. Was he waiting for this job ? I don't know, but Oregon locked him up good.

Glenn Schumann is a name to watch, but he's only 33 years old.

Coach Prime with his spin on how it all went down. The dude is 72 years old. Let him retire.

Must feel like you’re in free fall if you’re a Bama fan right now. Uncertainty over the coach and existing roster + elite recruiting class could fall apart entirely.

Clemson opens with Georgia next season. Decent chance Dabo would take a pay cut to get out of town beforehand. (Georgia plays in Tuscaloosa next fall too.)

Must feel like you’re in free fall if you’re a Bama fan right now. Uncertainty over the coach and existing roster + elite recruiting class could fall apart entirely.

Yeah, Milroe says he's staying and I guess Tommy Rees is going to be around for at least as long as Milroe, but it's all up in the air right now. Either way, Alabama does not lack resources.

DC Kevin Steele is also retiring, so there's no continuity there.

Reactions: WRS
Back