• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2023 College Football Thread: Michigan Recognized as National Champions of Cheating !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

snow, sure

65 mph winds and lots of snow is not that interesting for me
You mean like the 2021 Pats/Bills game?

Chautauqua and southern Erie counties, including Orchard Park, were under a High Wind Warning earlier Monday. That got downgraded to a Wind Advisory a couple of hours before kickoff, but that didn't mean the wind was any less of a factor, with gusts reaching 50-55 mph at times.

Josh Allen completed 15 of 30 passes for 145 yards and a touchdown. On the other side, the Patriots quarterback, Mac Jones, didn’t even attempt a pass until the final 90 seconds of the first half because of the wind.

Jones finished the game 2 for 3, the least amount of passes thrown by a winning quarterback over the last 30 seasons.

The kickers also faced the tough task of conquering the wind. The Bills kicker, Tyler Bass, had the shortest miss of his career so far when a 33-yard field goal attempt ended up wide right.

When the wind blew at the kicker’s back, kickoffs sailed through the end zone. On the flip side, New England Patriot and Pro Bowler Jake Bailey saw the wind send his second punt backward, resulting in a gain of just 15 yards.

Ultimately, the better run game decided this one. (Much to the dismay of Bills fans, myself included.)

Off of 19 carries, the Bills ended up with only 60 total yards between 3 players. Meanwhile, New England ran the ball 46 times for 222 yards, including a 64-yard run that resulted in a touchdown.

You mean like the 2021 Pats/Bills game?

Chautauqua and southern Erie counties, including Orchard Park, were under a High Wind Warning earlier Monday. That got downgraded to a Wind Advisory a couple of hours before kickoff, but that didn't mean the wind was any less of a factor, with gusts reaching 50-55 mph at times.

Josh Allen completed 15 of 30 passes for 145 yards and a touchdown. On the other side, the Patriots quarterback, Mac Jones, didn’t even attempt a pass until the final 90 seconds of the first half because of the wind.

Jones finished the game 2 for 3, the least amount of passes thrown by a winning quarterback over the last 30 seasons.

The kickers also faced the tough task of conquering the wind. The Bills kicker, Tyler Bass, had the shortest miss of his career so far when a 33-yard field goal attempt ended up wide right.

When the wind blew at the kicker’s back, kickoffs sailed through the end zone. On the flip side, New England Patriot and Pro Bowler Jake Bailey saw the wind send his second punt backward, resulting in a gain of just 15 yards.

Ultimately, the better run game decided this one. (Much to the dismay of Bills fans, myself included.)

Off of 19 carries, the Bills ended up with only 60 total yards between 3 players. Meanwhile, New England ran the ball 46 times for 222 yards, including a 64-yard run that resulted in a touchdown.
don't know

didn't watch

DeBoer in talks to replace Saban.

Seems like a smart move by this dude. The pressure will be immense but UW is going nowhere in the Big75.

As long as he wins the natty every year, he will be fine. But read his bio- he has never lived or coached anywhere even near the south and now he is the coach at Alabama- only one small step behind the governor as the most important person in that state. He minute he even falls behind in a game, the fans are going to start grousing about how he doesn't understand how we do things around here. That being said, he is now a very rich man and will even more rich in 10 years no matter what.

The last time Bama hired a coach from the Great Northwest, it didn't work out so well....

ghows-DA-26e08db6-dde0-4029-a054-aed5354473ba-e51135ed.jpeg

There's an offensive senior offensive assistant working for the Buffalo Bills that has SEC Head Coaching experience and might be available. Lots of experience as an OC and QB coach as well - they should consider this Mike Schula kid. He sounds like a home run hire to me.

The last time Bama hired a coach from the Great Northwest, it didn't work out so well....

ghows-DA-26e08db6-dde0-4029-a054-aed5354473ba-e51135ed.jpeg
it all went down in my hometown. the rock station I listened to at the time always had ads from the strip club he went to, and they were great following that. talking about rolling out the crimson carpet, etc.

Saban is done because he had a bunch of players - 2nd teamers mostly that were 4 stars - in talks with other programs before the CFP. And they all were trying to find a team to pay them and start next year and they were all going to opt of the of CFP. Some did. Saban was done at that point. Not going to play in the CFP??? His head exploded and he quit. What a mess college football is.

Here's a great example. An offensive lineman at UNC that didn't even start at the beginning of this season is transferring to Ole Miss. He's just an average player. The dude is getting paid $300k by Ole Miss and this is a kid that doesn't come from a good financial situation. UNC offered him $100k and a car. And btw he's a rising senior. But he's taking the Ole Miss deal. So he goes to play there one season for the $150k difference. He's not an NFL level player and now he has a degree from Ole Miss and not UNC. How much more is that UNC degree worth than Ole Miss? That's a good example of where we are with this crap. These kids want the ice and they want it now.

Last edited:
I'll take the Seattle food scene over Winston.

Yes! I love watching games being played in crazy weather.
Agreed -- they're also fun as hell to go to. My best live sport experience was a playoff game at Lambeau against Seattle where the Pack came back from down 17 and it looked like a snow globe -- just huge flakes coming down in a night game at Lambeau.

Back