• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2023 College Football Thread: Michigan Recognized as National Champions of Cheating !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nick Saban playing golf with 50 Cent and Travis Scott was hilarious. Hopefully the guy is enjoying himself a bit in retirement.

So, will Saban wear the mascot heads when rigor mortis finally overtakes Corso?

Genuine question. Can these guys not just walk away? If I had the money in the bank that Saban has, I would have already purchased a beachfront villa in Phuket and no one would ever see me again. The man is 70-something years old…can he not give it a rest? He doesn’t need the money…is it ego? Something else? I really struggle with these people who can’t seem to let go.

Genuine question. Can these guys not just walk away? If I had the money in the bank that Saban has, I would have already purchased a beachfront villa in Phuket and no one would ever see me again. The man is 70-something years old…can he not give it a rest? He doesn’t need the money…is it ego? Something else? I really struggle with these people who can’t seem to let go.
You said it. Saban has had football in his life, or more correctly, football has been his life for all his adult years. He cannot imagine life without football in it in some way. He is recognizing that the energy for full time coaching is waning so he is going to a part time talking gig.

He doesn't want to go out like Bear Bryant did.

Because ‘ethics’ and the SEC go hand in hand

So you think it's good practice for a leading commentator to get involved in recruiting ?

What if Dickie V called up a kid who was committed to UK and told him he should go to UNC-CH because Hubert Davis is building something special there ? Cool ?

So you think it's good practice for a leading commentator to get involved in recruiting ?

What if Dickie V called up a kid who was committed to UK and told him he should go to UNC-CH because Hubert Davis is building something special there ? Cool ?

Every Duke game Dickie V ever did was a two-hour commercial of Dickie telling everyone they should all send their kids to play for Coach K because he did things the right way, Baby!

Every Duke game Dickie V ever did was a two-hour commercial of Dickie telling everyone they should all send their kids to play for Coach K because he did things the right way, Baby!
Like the AMEX ad K had where he addressed the camera about why you should come to duke

Herbstreit can pound sand - he is constantly pining for the haves and not the have-nots. 6 fans comment anyone…

My comment was at the message not the messenger but go ahead and take offense I guess and get riled up

I'm not a big Herbstreit fan, but how is advocating for a recruit to flip from UGA to Nebraska pining for a have vs. a have-not?

UGA is 32-2 over the last 3 seasons. Nebraska is 12-24. LOL.

Not a good look either way, but come on.

Back