• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2023 College Football Thread: Michigan Recognized as National Champions of Cheating !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck to the team that takes that guy and his dad with the #1 overall pick. CU probably isn't even going to a bowl game during his two seasons there.
I get that Shedeur may bring a bit of baggage with him. And Deion claiming he's only playing for certain teams is bull. The teams Deion named have established QBs and won't have top 5 picks. But Shedeur had no OL last year and outplayed Williams, who also had no OL. And if he continues to ball out like he did last year, he'll be the 1st pick because he'll be the best QB on the board. What is the possible relevance that his team isn't great and didn't go to a bowl game?

I get that Shedeur may bring a bit of baggage with him. And Deion claiming he's only playing for certain teams is bull. The teams Deion named have established QBs and won't have top 5 picks. But Shedeur had no OL last year and outplayed Williams, who also had no OL. And if he continues to ball out like he did last year, he'll be the 1st pick because he'll be the best QB on the board. What is the possible relevance that his team isn't great and didn't go to a bowl game?
He doesn’t win games.

He doesn’t win games.
Williams was only 8-5 and did a lot of losing last year - because he had a bad OL and D, and he's going #1. Sanders had an even worse OL and an equally bad D. If college wins is the QB metric, then McCarthy would be going #1, but he'll be the 4th QB off the board. Had Sanders come out this year, he'd have gone before McCarthy as well. Go ahead and hate Deion all you want. His kid is a stud QB who will go #1 next year unless there is the equivalent of a Daniels who lights it up next year.

Patrick Mahomes didn't win many games at Texas Tech. How predictive was his college W-L on his NFL success?

Patrick Mahomes didn't win many games at Texas Tech. How predictive was his college W-L on his NFL success?
You can't exactly compare the supporting cast Mahomes had at Texas Tech with what Williamson had at USC and Oklahoma. Mahomes did a lot with less and really was a bright spot on his team. I agree with Pilch's overall sentiment though winning in college is not necessarily predictive of NFL success. Jay Cutler and Josh Allen didn't win a ton of game either, but Carson Wentz and Sam Darnold did.

Okay. Sanders has a lot of baggage and doesn’t have a history of winning games. Good luck.

Okay. Sanders has a lot of baggage and doesn’t have a history of winning games. Good luck.
Sanders has dad baggage, true. But he was 10-2 and 11-1 in his 2 seasons at Jackson St before transferring to what had been the worst power 5 program in the country. Does winning not count when it's at an HBCU? He had no OL last year, yet he continued to have a 150+ rating and had 27 TDs to 3 picks. And his teammates appear to love him. And the draft punditry who I've heard talk about him have said he'd be a top 3-4 pick if he had come out this year. Just take the L on this 1.

Sanders has dad baggage, true. But he was 10-2 and 11-1 in his 2 seasons at Jackson St before transferring to what had been the worst power 5 program in the country. Does winning not count when it's at an HBCU? He had no OL last year, yet he continued to have a 150+ rating and had 27 TDs to 3 picks. And his teammates appear to love him. And the draft punditry who I've heard talk about him have said he'd be a top 3-4 pick if he had come out this year. Just take the L on this 1.

Well he had all the most talented teammates when he was playing at the HBCU, no ?

He's probably better than Dak Prescott though.

Well he had all the most talented teammates when he was playing at the HBCU, no ?

He's probably better than Dak Prescott though.
Yeah, he played on 2 talented HBCU teams and won and then played on the least talented PAC-12 team and had a losing record. But you said he doesn't have a history of winning games, and that just isn't true. The other point that Pilch and I have been trying to make is that wins aren't a QB stat when assessing a QB for draft position - see Williams this past year and Mahomes at TT. You're just starting to sound like 2&2 on Ohio St QBs when it comes to this issue. Yes, Deion is an issue, but the kid is a baller.

69.3% completion percentage
3,230 yards
27 TDs
3 interceptions
151.7 QB rating

What are you all talking about again?

Arch Manning lot it up today in Austin.

Also Texas secondary is ass.

Back