• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2023 College Football Thread: Michigan Recognized as National Champions of Cheating !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The point is that with his non attachment it was all about Sam. He was given an education and a professional option we all got. And after 5 years he has no problem playing against with no problem. Or perhaps if wake wins it was a better side deal to throw the game Whose up for the money??? He buyable I would say

Yes and that separates him completely from wake or my care for him. Consider one who leaves his wife and children for another woman because it is best for him. That illustrates this new world
The reality is that college sports are not much different from the NFL as far as being a "professional" endeavor. No doubt Sam is making several mil this season, which may eclipse any $$ he makes from playing in the NFL; time will tell.
Most if not all of us on this board have left a former employer after a number of years of good service, and both sides employee/employer have appreciation for the work done(employer) and the opportunity the former job presented to get to a higher level (employee), i.e. everyone departs with some regrets but on good terms and with an eye to the future . And yes that's not the college athletic landscape you and I grew up with and miss, but it's where we are now. It's o.k. to lose interest in Sam, but I just don't see any reason to not care for him.

Last edited:
Vandy-Hawaii likely going to be delayed kickoff due to lightning in the area. Warmups can't start until 6:45 EST at the earliest. Gonna be digging in to compete with FIU-LT for Week 0 After Dark

I reject the analogy. A better analogy is you sign a four year contract and not only complete that but also an extra year with the company and when they make you an offer to stay for one more year, another company has a better overall package and upward mobility so you go to work there for a year instead.

The analogy is even simpler than that.

Plenty of us went to wake for undergrad then to a different school for grad school. That’s what Sam is doing, his grad school year. The vast majority of people still hold their undergrad school in higher esteem because if their experiences and friends they made. I’m guessing that’ll be true for Sam as well.

Plenty of us went to wake for undergrad then to a different school for grad school. That’s what Sam is doing, his grad school year. The vast majority of people still hold their undergrad school in higher esteem because if their experiences and friends they made. I’m guessing that’ll be true for Sam as well.
He wanted a tier 1 university. He was a speech major at a tier 2 school, and needed that ND graduate degree in business.

So ofter

It would be great if you NIL bashers could shut up for the next 5 months and let us enjoy football
It seems like DownEast and NewBern only show up to bitch about NIL and how they hate change. It’s bizarre behavior. There is no evidence they derive any joy or happiness from Wake sports, so why continue to log on and post here?

On a personal level I agree with your point But at your new profession or life events what if you wore a notre dame ring or spoke at functions for notre dame such that you are identified with notre dame. This is analogous to Sam’s new role. A notre dame man not a Deac.

Last edited:
On a personal level I agree with your point But at your new profession or life events what if you wore a notre dame ring or spoke at functions for notre dame such that you are identified with notre dame. This is analogous to Sam’s new role. A notre dame man not a Deac.
Why don’t we wait and see what happens after his playing career

Why do you think he will be repping Notre Dame more than Wake?

I’m trying really hard to be excited about football but JFC all these games suck ass

It seems like DownEast and NewBern only show up to bitch about NIL and how they hate change. It’s bizarre behavior. There is no evidence they derive any joy or happiness from Wake sports, so why continue to log on and post here?
You missed my comment completely. While I regret that college sports has turned in to a professional endeavor far removed from what the college experience was meant to be, I totally accept the reality of where we are today. I'm 100% in favor of each individual player/coach/ AD getting what their market value is relative to the current market.
But it it also makes me appreciate even more the guy who plays fb at a Davidson, Winston-Salem State, Elon, etc. for what the reasons they decide to play college fb and what they get out of the experience.

Henry slandering OUR COCKS.

Hawaii-Vandy still waiting for lightning to clear before going into pre game protocol. Game going to start an hour and 15 minutes after the all clear. Creeping up on Hawaii time. Crazy

Why don’t we wait and see what happens after his playing career

Why do you think he will be repping Notre Dame more than Wake?
His notre dame show today is huge repping. He can’t help it. He is and will be known as notre dame. I doubt seriously if the word wake was heard today I

Back