• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2023 College Football Thread: Michigan Recognized as National Champions of Cheating !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You missed my comment completely. While I regret that college sports has turned in to a professional endeavor far removed from what the college experience was meant to be, I totally accept the reality of where we are today. I'm 100% in favor of each individual player/coach/ AD getting what their market value is relative to the current market.
But it it also makes me appreciate even more the guy who plays fb at a Davidson, Winston-Salem State, Elon, etc. for what the reasons they decide to play college fb and what they get out of the experience.
My question to most of you is why do you support wake when they are in a conference of more and more just dollar driven sports team. When wake decides to form a non professional conference with perhaps Davidson vmi army navy Vanderbilt or the likes I’m back in

My question to most of you is why do you support wake when they are in a conference of more and more just dollar driven sports team. When wake decides to form a non professional conference with perhaps Davidson vmi army navy Vanderbilt or the likes I’m back in
I don't know, other than the fact that I attended Wake Forest thirty years ago and am much the better for having done so, and that to this day I truly love and cherish Mother So Dear and will support her and her sports programs to the fullest.

Yes and that separates him completely from wake or my care for him. Consider one who leaves his wife and children for another woman because it is best for him. That illustrates this new world

This is one of the most ignorant posts I’ve ever read on these boards.

And I remember RJ

Yeah, it’s unfortunate that we play him, or maybe it’s awesome, we’ll see - definitely makes the season that much more interesting - but either way he gave his all to the Deacs and appears to have landed in an excellent situation. Happy for him. And boo Irish.

We also played Zac Taylor after he transferred to Nebraska, but nobody cares about that because he went there for PT not $$$$.

Worked out pretty good for him.

Because I like to watch quality and competitive sports

The ACC just means more than the SoCon or the CAA

I got to see Ohio miss a FG because of LACES IN and then a minute later Vandy goes in for a quick TD and goes for two (not making it) like some assholes who do not respect the struggle Maui is dealing with right now. FOOTBALL!

I got to see Ohio miss a FG because of LACES IN and then a minute later Vandy goes in for a quick TD and goes for two (not making it) like some assholes who do not respect the struggle Maui is dealing with right now. FOOTBALL!
It's already disrespectful that Vandy is playing on a construction site.

I like making fun of the SEC but I don't really get the Vandy hate. Did they goof up and get the construction way behind schedule or something? We went through a season just like that 25 years ago when Bridger was renovated and something similar when McCreary Tower was built.

Back