• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2023 College Football Thread: Michigan Recognized as National Champions of Cheating !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Former FSU rb Treshaun Ward is in the portal along with Tyler Van Dyke. Sounds like Arch Manning will be soon and I wouldn't be surprised to see former 5-star qb, AJ Duffy soon.
I hadn't heard about Manning. Is that expected? Sounds like he knew going to UT this year that he'd sit behind Ewers. Has something changed (Ewers coming back or something like that)?

He is a young guy, but Manning’s spring tape looked awful. Wonder if they just aren’t happy with their development by Sark the shark?

Maybe one of the other QBs has passed him too.

Why are Texas and Alabama ranked behind Oregon and Ohio State ?

Not sure what the committee is doing, but maybe it looks like they’re trying to cover their asses if they want to put Georgia if they lose the SECCG ? How could Alabama possibly jump from #8 to #1 if they win ? Or does that just make it easier to leave out an SEC team if Alabama wins.

Maybe they’re punishing Alabama for a bad performance on Saturday ? But why isn’t Washington punished more for multiple stinkers against teams that aren’t even their main rivals ? And why isn’t FSU punished for their performance against Florida ?

Basically no way Texas jumps Oregon to get in the playoff if Oregon wins.

Not sure what the committee is doing, but maybe it looks like they’re trying to cover their asses if they want to put Georgia if they lose the SECCG ? How could Alabama possibly jump from #8 to #1 if they win ? Or does that just make it easier to leave out an SEC team if Alabama wins.

Maybe they’re punishing Alabama for a bad performance on Saturday ? But why isn’t Washington punished more for multiple stinkers against teams that aren’t even their main rivals ? And why isn’t FSU punished for their performance against Florida ?
Florida State covered.

You could argue Ohio St should be behind UT and Alabama. But why would they be ahead of Oregon?

And Washington and FSU haven’t been punished for shaky performances because they haven’t actually lost, unlike UT and Bama (who have had equally shaky performances).

Having written that I have to think you’re trolling here, I guess I took the bait.

I mean FSU covered the spread against their rival It’s not like it took a prayer throw to beat them. I mean as bad as FL is, they didn’t get smashed last week by New Mexico St. UGA is gonna smash whomever sits in that 4 spot and we will get 2 best teams unlike last year.

These conference championship games are actually going to matter this year.

Pac12 and SEC championships could be play-in games if other games break a certain way.

And FSU looks like dogshit without Travis… Hoping they just lose to Louisville to save the ACC the embarrassment of getting trounced in the playoff.

Today's college football Trivia question is a two parter, and it harkens back to the days when Grad transfers could only have immediate eligibility if they were enrolling in a grad program that their current school did not have.

What was the name of the Oregon QB who was kicked off the team which led to him transferring to Ole Miss, and what was the grad program he enrolled in?

Oregon lost a close one @ Washington. They absolutely deserve a bid if they avenge that loss.

So the Pac12 gets one spot. Michigan gets a spot after they beat Iowa. FSU (ugh) likely gets one with a win. That last spot gets hairy if Bama beats UGA.

Have to think the SEC will do all it can to make sure UGA wins. I say that thinking UGA is the better team anyway.

Oregon lost a close one @ Washington. They absolutely deserve a bid if they avenge that loss.

So the Pac12 gets one spot. Michigan gets a spot after they beat Iowa. FSU (ugh) likely gets one with a win. That last spot gets hairy if Bama beats UGA.

Have to think the SEC will do all it can to make sure UGA wins. I say that thinking UGA is the better team anyway.

There are just too many good teams this year... Would have been perfect for the expansion next year to start this year.

UGA is definitely a better team than the Tide overall, the SEC game should be a classic. And I say that as a Tider homer in my secret other life! Ha! But you have to play the game and Milroe's legs will be a challenge for Coach Kirbs.

I think the UGA/Tide winner would likely take the playoffs, although I see no way the Tide gets in without some upsets.

Today's college football Trivia question is a two parter, and it harkens back to the days when Grad transfers could only have immediate eligibility if they were enrolling in a grad program that their current school did not have.

What was the name of the Oregon QB who was kicked off the team which led to him transferring to Ole Miss, and what was the grad program he enrolled in?
Jeremiah Masoli and no idea

Why would Oregon deserve a bid over Texas ? What if Texas was getting another shot at OU ?

Texas won in Tuscaloosa. Oregon beat up on a bunch of “great” PAC-12 and gave away the game at Washington.

I mean FSU covered the spread against their rival It’s not like it took a prayer throw to beat them. I mean as bad as FL is, they didn’t get smashed last week by New Mexico St. UGA is gonna smash whomever sits in that 4 spot and we will get 2 best teams unlike last year.
They covered a 6.5 point spread against a non-bowl eligible team playing a freshman at quarterback, and trailed over half of the game.

And who the hell has Ohio State beaten this year ? Pedophile U and middling Notre Dame ?

Back