• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2023 College Football Thread: Michigan Recognized as National Champions of Cheating !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Biff Tannen

Franchise Quarterback on a Rookie Contract
Staff Member
Reaction score
Spring football is over now and i believe it's time for the 2023 CFB thread. There is still a lot going on transfer-wise and spring games have revealed some good and some bad at programs. I'll post the only teams capable of winning the national championship this season in due time.

Important stuff here if you're a rated recruit who thinks they're an NFL draft pick.

Wake is on the positive side of this ranking for developing 3-star talent into draft picks. Lots of wasted talent at FSU and So Cal during these years.

Lincoln Riley doing a great job recruiting other teams' rosters.

Florida's spring game finished 10-7 with a game winning field goal. Napier is looking for a new quarterback right now.

Michigan and SoCal have the experienced quarterbacks.

Important stuff here if you're a rated recruit who thinks they're an NFL draft pick.

Wake is on the positive side of this ranking for developing 3-star talent into draft picks. Lots of wasted talent at FSU and So Cal during these years.

seems like this is an eye for talent as much as or more than developing the talent

saw some stuff that USC got the #1 transfer prospect with a dude from Georgia. Any good or he sucked for Georgia, biff?

saw some stuff that USC got the #1 transfer prospect with a dude from Georgia. Any good or he sucked for Georgia, biff?

Big time recruit. Is good. Played in most games last season. Risking actual development by leaving Georgia for a Lincoln Riley defense. No one in Athens seems to bent out of shape by his departure.

Yeah that guy really sped out of Athens. He didn't pump the brakes at all. Hope he doesn't crash and burn at USC

Yeah that guy really sped out of Athens. He didn't pump the brakes at all. Hope he doesn't crash and burn at USC
Just seems like if you spend too much time in Athens right now, your career might end up getting handcuffed.

Just seems like if you spend too much time in Athens right now, your career might end up getting handcuffed.
Don't want to Kirb(y) your development

ETA: apparently ( y ) without spaces gets you a thumbs up emoji

Florida's spring game finished 10-7 with a game winning field goal. Napier is looking for a new quarterback right now.

Billy Edwards might make the move . . . 🤷‍♀️ . . . depends how spring game went at Maryland

Alabama's quarterbacks are also a bit of a mess. They were briefly linked to Tyler Van Dyke, but he appears to be staying at Miami. Tommy Rees has a lot of work to do.

Auburn also has quarterback problems.

Arch Manning looked like dogshit in the Texas spring game and Ewers solidified his hold on that job.

Meanwhile Brock Vandagriff announced that he is staying at Georgia despite probably being behind Carson Beck and Gunnar Stockton. I guess that will remain the case for 2023, but they'll all still have eligibility for 2024 too.

Billy Edwards might make the move . . . 🤷‍♀️ . . . depends how spring game went at Maryland

The game is this coming Saturday. I doubt he can beat out Tagovailoa. I guess competing for the starting job at Florida is a good opportunity, but they're going to have a hard time making a bowl game.

Alabama's quarterbacks are also a bit of a mess. They were briefly linked to Tyler Van Dyke, but he appears to be staying at Miami. Tommy Rees has a lot of work to do.

Arch Manning looked like dogshit in the Texas spring game and Ewers solidified his hold on that job.

Meanwhile Brock Vandagriff announced that he is staying at Georgia despite probably being behind Carson Beck and Gunnar Stockton. I guess that will remain the case for 2023, but they'll all still have eligibility for 2024 too.
So many people praying Grayson McCall can graduate this semester

I can’t believe Auburn did not get any transfer qbs. I mean, the job would basically be theirs if they show up. Guys like Sanders from OK St picked Ole Miss over Auburn and he knew going in it would be a three man battle for the job. Things must be really bad on the plains if a qb would rather compete with two others who have starting experience instead of immediately starting at Auburn for Freeze.

I can’t believe Auburn did not get any transfer qbs. I mean, the job would basically be theirs if they show up. Guys like Sanders from OK St picked Ole Miss over Auburn and he knew going in it would be a three man battle for the job. Things must be really bad on the plains if a qb would rather compete with two others who have starting experience instead of immediately starting at Auburn for Freeze.
Depending on how the depth chart shakes out, I could see Sanders transferring again this spring. He doesn't have enough eligibility to just sit behind two guys this year.

Depending on how the depth chart shakes out, I could see Sanders transferring again this spring. He doesn't have enough eligibility to just sit behind two guys this year.
I can see that too. But he has no one to blame but himself knowing he only has one year left and he chose to go somewhere with competition. In his shoes, I would have only gone to a school with a starting guarantee in hand.

Knock knock, Sam, you see this?

Back