• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2024 NFL Thread. Draft is done. Which Teams will Find Winng "Lottery Tickets" in Undrafted Free Agents?

Yeah, I let my kid stay up for nothing.

Was puzzled at the time, but Beane clearly did not value that group of receivers highly enough to risk losing a few of them, and particularly not Worthy. Fair enough.
Im not as upset about Worthy as most posters on the Bills board. He is super fast but he is small. Really small. I would worry about durability, and I would worry his hands are too small to be catching Josh Allen missiles

One would think lessons would have been learned after "If you like your doctor... you can keep your doctor" and "If you like your healthcare plan... you'll be able to keep your healthcare plan".

Obviously not
Colonel Asshole, 2013 called and they want their talking point back.

Im not as upset about Worthy as most posters on the Bills board. He is super fast but he is small. Really small. I would worry about durability, and I would worry his hands are too small to be catching Josh Allen missiles
I didn't get the pick from a KC perspective. They already had the same WR in Hollywood. I thought McConkey or Mitchell would have made more sense. From a Buffalo perspective, I like the trade because you get more draft capital and Mitchell or McConkey with the next pick and maybe Malichi Corley later in the 2nd. And I really don't get Atlanta. Penix won't want to wait 2-4 years to play, and now you've pissed off Cousins. It's Rodgers/Love part deux.

Was pleasantly surprised to see Wiggins and Dejean still on the board for my Ravens. I thought all the quality OTs and CBs would have been gone.

I didn't get the pick from a KC perspective. They already had the same WR in Hollywood. I thought McConkey or Mitchell would have made more sense. From a Buffalo perspective, I like the trade because you get more draft capital and Mitchell or McConkey with the next pick and maybe Malichi Corley later in the 2nd. And I really don't get Atlanta. Penix won't want to wait 2-4 years to play, and now you've pissed off Cousins. It's Rodgers/Love part deux.

Was pleasantly surprised to see Wiggins and Dejean still on the board for my Ravens. I thought all the quality OTs and CBs would have been gone.
Which seems to have worked.

Which seems to have worked.
Love finally seems to have been worthy of the pick. But you had a pissed off prima donna starting QB creating a ton of drama in the building and had no subsequent playoff success with said prima donna QB. Rodgers made their lives as miserable as could those last 2 years.

Love finally seems to have been worthy of the pick. But you had a pissed off prima donna starting QB creating a ton of drama in the building and had no subsequent playoff success with said prima donna QB. Rodgers made their lives as miserable as could those last 2 years.
Finally is a strong word there - it was his first year starting. But, yeah, Rodgers is a huge asshole and created a ton of drama after the Love pick, but he would have created drama with just his anti-vaxx BS and general douchiness anyway. He also didn't get past the NFC championship after 2011, so there wasn't much playoff success before the Love pick.

Cousins is a donk but not a huge drama creating asshole. Issue is Penix is old and injury prone already and you literally just brought Cousins in.

Finally is a strong word there - it was his first year starting. But, yeah, Rodgers is a huge asshole and created a ton of drama after the Love pick, but he would have created drama with just his anti-vaxx BS and general douchiness anyway. He also didn't past the NFC championship after 2011.

Cousins is a donk but not a huge drama creating asshole. Issue is Penix is old and injury prone already and you literally just brought Cousins in.
I said finally because Love looked like a bust that 1st couple of years, but then the light bulb came on for him last year. But the Rodgers drama and lack of playoff success was my point that drafting Love didn't exactly work out while Rodgers was still there. It's worked out now that Love looks like a legit franchise QB.

Maybe if they had drafted an offensive weapon in the first round instead of Jordan Love at #26, the Packers would have been more successful the past couple of years.

I would bet Rodgers would have caused less drama if they had drafted Michael Pittman (#34) or Tee Higgins (#33).

The Packers should have absolutely been in WIN NOW mode with Rodgers in his prime at the time of the 2020 draft.

Hollywood is on a 1 year deal. Odds are he won't be with the Chiefs after this season. Lack of speed / ability to stretch the field by the Chiefs WR was a major issue for much of this past season. Also, I'll probably trust the evaluation skills of Brett Veach and Andy Reid (and their 3 championships over the past 5 seasons) just slightly more than yours.

I said finally because Love looked like a bust that 1st couple of years, but then the light bulb came on for him last year. But the Rodgers drama and lack of playoff success was my point that drafting Love didn't exactly work out while Rodgers was still there. It's worked out now that Love looks like a legit franchise QB.
Not defending the Falcons pick, but kind of weird to say that the Rodgers/Love thing didn't work out. Aaron Rodgers was the NFL MVP the next two seasons after the Packers drafted Love, the Packers were the NFC #1 seed each of those two seasons, and now the Packers have a young QB, that all but maybe a few teams covet.

If Cousins wins the next two NFL MVPs, the Falcons have the NFC's best record over the next two years, reach an NFC title game, and Penix becomes a top 10 NFL QB, the first year after Cousins leaves that would be a pretty amazing run for the Falcons.

In retrospect, have a hard time to seeing how the Packers made a mistake taking Love, even with the playoff losses in 2020 and 2021.

Last edited:
Not defending the Falcons pick, but kind of weird to say that the Rodgers/Love thing didn't work out. Aaron Rodgers was the NFL MVP the next two seasons after the Packers drafted Love, the Packers were the NFC #1 seed each of those two seasons, and now the Packers have a young QB, that all but maybe a few teams covet.

If Cousins wins the next two NFL MVPs, the Falcons have the NFC's best record over the next two years, reach an NFC title game, and Penix becomes a top 10 NFL QB, the first year after Cousins leaves that would be a pretty amazing run for the Falcons.

In retrospect, have a hard to seeing how the Packers made a mistake taking Love, even with the playoff losses in 2020 and 2021.

It's the Falcons. It's not going to work out.

Right. You can certainly argue they should have taken Pittman or Higgins or whoever and that may have worked. But Rodgers/Love worked out long-term just like Farve/Rodgers did.

Of course, that's no guarantee Cousins/Penix will work. It's a bit hypocritical for Cousins to be so put off by this. He got a few months before the Falcons drafted a QB. RGIII didn't even get 48 hours before Washington drafted Cousins behind him.

Hollywood is on a 1 year deal. Odds are he won't be with the Chiefs after this season. Lack of speed / ability to stretch the field by the Chiefs WR was a major issue for much of this past season. Also, I'll probably trust the evaluation skills of Brett Veach and Andy Reid (and their 3 championships over the past 5 seasons) just slightly more than yours.
Thought Hollywood was on a longer deal. Don't get me wrong, Worthy is good. He's not just fast. Not anti Veach or Reid in any way - just thought it was strange to have their starters this year (with Rice missing some time) to be 2 diminutive really fast guys. I also think Hollywood is going to have a good year.

Right. You can certainly argue they should have taken Pittman or Higgins or whoever and that may have worked. But Rodgers/Love worked out long-term just like Farve/Rodgers did.

Of course, that's no guarantee Cousins/Penix will work. It's a bit hypocritical for Cousins to be so put off by this. He got a few months before the Falcons drafted a QB. RGIII didn't even get 48 hours before Washington drafted Cousins behind him.

The goal is to win the Super Bowl.

The goal is to win the Super Bowl.
Sure. The ultimate goal. But getting MVP and finishing at or near the top of the conference is a good goal too. And maybe I'm coming from the standpoint of a Panthers fan, but not cratering and transition to the next QB is a good goal as well.

May be an image of 3 people, people playing football and text

Back