• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2024 NFL Thread. Draft is done. Which Teams will Find Winng "Lottery Tickets" in Undrafted Free Agents?

I don’t understand the Caleb Williams concerns. Teammates seem to love him. He wants to be the greatest of all time and he’s cocky as shit. Things you want from QB1

the one plausible concern I've seen is that he's been pretty vocal about his off-field brand/business aspirations which could be distracting/annoying

the one plausible concern I've seen is that he's been pretty vocal about his off-field brand/business aspirations which could be distracting/annoying
He gets paid good money to be vocal about his brand. Either way, get used to college QBs coming into the NFL with a huge brand name and lots of $$$.

Over the last 20 years, WRs have the highest miss rate among 1st round picks. OL have the lowest miss rate by a big margin:

Tight ends look really bad on that chart, but it's not as bad when you look at the list.

I really don't understand the mocks that have Vikings moving up to 4 or 5. After NE, is anyone really going to take JJ? I suppose you worry about Oakland or Denver moving up, but if I'm the Vikings, I think I'd rather just bet on JJ getting to 11.

Wishful thinking probably, but local radio here discussing idea of Chiefs moving up to take Alt or Fashanu. We do know Veach likes to move up, would be fun.

He will be a bust- set reminder 3 years from now.
Why do you say that? He needs to correct a fumbling problem and maybe work on some mechanics, but, as long as he's a hard worker, I see him and Daniels as the surest franchise QBs in this draft.

Realize that a good/great QB is the most valuable asset on an NFL roster. That said, a crappy NFL QB inhibits success. Just look a the high-pick QB busts in recent NFL draft, and the other stud players that teams passed on to reach for a QB. In the 2021 NFL draft, QBs went went the first three picks:

• Trevor Lawrence - Jax
  • Zach Wilson - Jets
  • Trey Lance - 49ers
Among the players that the Jets and 49ers passed on to take Wilson and Lance; pro-bowlers:

• Jamar Chase
  • Penei Sewel
  • Patrick Surtain
  • Micah Parsons
If the 49ers draft any of those four, they might have won another Super Bowl. If the Jets take Penei Sewel, their OL issues are largely taken care of.

Regardless of the scouting reports on each potential QB, its essentially statistically impossible that out of the entire draft pool, the best three or four players in the 2024 NFL draft are QBs. Yet, these "smart" NFL teams are going to take QBs at the #1, #2, #3 maybe even #4 spots? Further, it sounds like the first defensive player may not go until #8 Atlanta. So, there is going to be some really good/great value on defensive players taken in the mid-first round. Players that in a position-blind draft that might go #1, #2 or #3.

Realize that Mahomes is a complete star, but the Chiefs defense played a huge role in their post-season surge. Amazing how NFL teams make the same mistakes every year.

Why do you say that? He needs to correct a fumbling problem and maybe work on some mechanics, but, as long as he's a hard worker, I see him and Daniels as the surest franchise QBs in this draft.
Most ppl don't like him bc he paints his fingernails.

I see this draft as Maye and some bums.

Back