• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2024 NFL Thread. Draft is done. Which Teams will Find Winng "Lottery Tickets" in Undrafted Free Agents?

I am sure Drake Maye is a fine football player and comes from a nice family, but I don't think the Patriots have done enough to make a young QB successful. Mac Jones had problems sure, but they were exacerbated by a bad Oline, lack of WR's who could get open and a coaching staff that did not put him in a place to succeed. Most of those things have not been addressed. So to put a young QB in that situation, "just so he can take his licks" and "grow with the team" doesn't seem like a recipe for success. The kind of QB who can come into a shitty situation and make the whole team better is exceptionally rare and not exactly a model that is worth aiming for.

I am sure Drake Maye is a fine football player and comes from a nice family, but I don't think the Patriots have done enough to make a young QB successful. Mac Jones had problems sure, but they were exacerbated by a bad Oline, lack of WR's who could get open and a coaching staff that did not put him in a place to succeed. Most of those things have not been addressed. So to put a young QB in that situation, "just so he can take his licks" and "grow with the team" doesn't seem like a recipe for success. The kind of QB who can come into a shitty situation and make the whole team better is exceptionally rare and not exactly a model that is worth aiming for.
It would have worked out fine for the Panthers if they still had the #1 pick this season, or the #3 pick and #34 like the Pats have.

Does the Jacoby Brissette to Marvin Harrison Jr. connection sound more exciting to you than a potential franchise quarterback and Leggette/McConkey/Mitchell ?

It would have worked out fine for the Panthers if they still had the #1 pick this season, or the #3 pick and #34 like the Pats have.

Does the Jacoby Brissette to Marvin Harrison Jr. connection sound more exciting to you than a potential franchise quarterback and Leggette/McConkey/Mitchell ?
Yes it does. Maybe even trade with the Vikings and get two 1sts this year and another 1st next year. This is a need that needs a lot of help on the offensive side of the ball.

Warak and I only ones to guess over/unders. Cowards!

Greg Dortch just can't catch a break.

Ready to root for a Tarhole, Timmy?
I mean somehow this crowd of Panthers fans were able to root for Julius Peppers so I will keep an open mind. Kiper said it best, the Pats can’t hang him out to dry like they did with Jones.

Back