• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2024 NFL Thread. Draft is done. Which Teams will Find Winng "Lottery Tickets" in Undrafted Free Agents?

Damn, doesn’t feel like star-ish players net the same draft capital that they used to. Remember when the Jets got 2 1st round picks for Jamal Adams (who doesn’t have a team right now, by the way)?

Interesting trade. Not sure why Houston wants to take on so much salary in such a good WR draft, but it looks like the Bills are heading for a mini rebuild. Brian Thomas should be well off the board by 28. Is 28 a reach for Mitchell or McConkey? They can certainly get a WR at good value at 42.

Damn, doesn’t feel like star-ish players net the same draft capital that they used to. Remember when the Jets got 2 1st round picks for Jamal Adams (who doesn’t have a team right now, by the way)?
seems like GMs are getting smarter about it because the cap hits on these stars is often huge

Diggs is developing a reputation as a "me" guy, not a team guy. Houston has two good receivers who combined got over 200 targets last season. Do they lose targets to get Diggs the 100+ targets he will demand?

I don't know enough about the Texans roster, cap situation, or draft capital to know if it's a bad trade. But it seems like a reasonable risk to give up an extra 2nd next year for a proven WR and two more picks who could become solid players.

Even before the trade, Houston was a legit contender, and they're in AFC tier 1 with KC, Cincy and maybe NYJ if they can stay healthy. That offense will put up points, and their D is underrated. I really like their secondary. Bobby Slowik will be a HC this time next year.

Interesting trade. Not sure why Houston wants to take on so much salary in such a good WR draft, but it looks like the Bills are heading for a mini rebuild. Brian Thomas should be well off the board by 28. Is 28 a reach for Mitchell or McConkey? They can certainly get a WR at good value at 42.
If the Bills can steal a solid WR in round 1 and/or 2 without having to trade up too much, it might not be much of a rebuild. At least on offense. Allen had a higher QBR when not throwing to Diggs in the 2nd half of last season by almost 20 points. And its not like teams were doubling Diggs all the time. He just isnt the same Diggs from his time in Minnesota or early Buffalo

The Bills traded a 1st for Diggs and the Vikings turned it into Jefferson. So the Bills may try to do the same with that 2nd.

But clearly Diggs is a good player if he was traded for a 1st at 26 years old and for a 2nd at 30.

If the Bills can steal a solid WR in round 1 and/or 2 without having to trade up too much, it might not be much of a rebuild. At least on offense. Allen had a higher QBR when not throwing to Diggs in the 2nd half of last season by almost 20 points. And its not like teams were doubling Diggs all the time. He just isnt the same Diggs from his time in Minnesota or early Buffalo
Thomas is off the board well before they pick, and they need bodies, so I don't see them trading up. Better off trading back and getting extra picks. Lots of good early 2nd round WRs.

The Texans voided the last 3 years of Diggs’ deal so he’ll be a free agent after this season.

So does this mean the Texans would get a compensatory pick if Diggs signs elsewhere?

They could get a year of Diggs, cap relief, a 3rd, 5th, and 6th for an extra 2nd round pick.

Wow, that is surprising, with what they gave up. I wonder why…

The Texans voided the last 3 years of Diggs’ deal so he’ll be a free agent after this season.

So does this mean the Texans would get a compensatory pick if Diggs signs elsewhere?

They could get a year of Diggs, cap relief, a 3rd, 5th, and 6th for an extra 2nd round pick.
I dont think they get a pick for voiding those years. I believe he would have had to play them out to qualify.

Eagles extend DeVonta Smith. Three years, $75 million, $51 million guaranteed.

Eagles have one of the highest cash payments in player compensation in the league, but are still under the cap enough to sign upcoming draftees and rookie free agents. Howie manages the cap well.

Eagles extend DeVonta Smith. Three years, $75 million, $51 million guaranteed.

Eagles have one of the highest cash payments in player compensation in the league, but are still under the cap enough to sign upcoming draftees and rookie free agents. Howie manages the cap well.
Not an Eagles fan, but Howie doesn't suck.

Back