• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official 2024 NFL Thread. Draft is done. Which Teams will Find Winng "Lottery Tickets" in Undrafted Free Agents?

Computing PFF, PFT, PFR, PNF, PFN,PTT, algorithm says beep bop beep beep bop.

Sam Hartman, with his extensive collegiate tenure first at Wake Forest and later at Notre Dame, embodies a quintessential example of quarterback development and adaptation. His arm strength, while not the class's most formidable, is more than adequate; it is his decision-making prowess and field vision that distinguish him. Hartman's ability to dissect defenses pre-snap and adjust mid-play aligns with the cerebral approach necessitated at the NFL level.

Furthermore, Hartman's resilience and mental fortitude, having overcome significant personal and professional challenges, including a transfer and a medical setback, render him not merely a quarterback but a battle-tested leader. His statistical productivity, marked by a prolific touchdown-to-interception ratio and commendable yardage accumulations, underscores a readiness to transition to professional play.

Critics may cite a perceived ceiling due to his physical attributes or the schematic benefits of his collegiate systems, yet such views do not fully account for Hartman's adaptability and acute game management skills. In an era where the NFL values quick processing and accuracy, Hartman's precise timing and sharp accuracy should be highly valued.

Considering the evolving dynamics of the NFL, where intangibles increasingly dictate quarterback success as much as raw physical tools, Hartman stands out. Teams in need of a quarterback who can step in and manage a game efficiently, while also possessing the upside to grow into a more dynamic role, will find Hartman an attractive option. Expect his draft position to perhaps defy conventional projections, landing him squarely in the mid-rounds, a placement reflecting not just potential but immediate utility. This, in my view, is not merely an endorsement but a prognostication rooted in a deep analytical appreciation of the quarterback position within the modern NFL framework.

Computing PFF, PFT, PFR, PNF, PFN,PTT, algorithm says beep bop beep beep bop.

Sam Hartman, with his extensive collegiate tenure first at Wake Forest and later at Notre Dame, embodies a quintessential example of quarterback development and adaptation. His arm strength, while not the class's most formidable, is more than adequate; it is his decision-making prowess and field vision that distinguish him. Hartman's ability to dissect defenses pre-snap and adjust mid-play aligns with the cerebral approach necessitated at the NFL level.

Furthermore, Hartman's resilience and mental fortitude, having overcome significant personal and professional challenges, including a transfer and a medical setback, render him not merely a quarterback but a battle-tested leader. His statistical productivity, marked by a prolific touchdown-to-interception ratio and commendable yardage accumulations, underscores a readiness to transition to professional play.

Critics may cite a perceived ceiling due to his physical attributes or the schematic benefits of his collegiate systems, yet such views do not fully account for Hartman's adaptability and acute game management skills. In an era where the NFL values quick processing and accuracy, Hartman's precise timing and sharp accuracy should be highly valued.

Considering the evolving dynamics of the NFL, where intangibles increasingly dictate quarterback success as much as raw physical tools, Hartman stands out. Teams in need of a quarterback who can step in and manage a game efficiently, while also possessing the upside to grow into a more dynamic role, will find Hartman an attractive option. Expect his draft position to perhaps defy conventional projections, landing him squarely in the mid-rounds, a placement reflecting not just potential but immediate utility. This, in my view, is not merely an endorsement but a prognostication rooted in a deep analytical appreciation of the quarterback position within the modern NFL framework.
Thanks cville

I would not draft Hartman or be excited about the Panthers drafting him as a backup.

I'll take Nix and Penix over him all day. They've played a ton of college games and are probably readier to start than Maye and JJ.

Lol, if you can't figure out why Nix had to transfer out of Auburn and play 61 games, I can't help you.

Zac Wilson to the Broncos, lol, haven’t seen what we got…7th? Great value for that horrible pick

not sure i trust the Jets to draft a QB. Wilson is an epic fail...#2 overall and we get back a 6th (after including our 7th) and pay half of his salary!

i liked the coach, at first, but that shit is an albatross around his neck of ineptitude. now, i guess, he is all in on a 40 year old QB after Achilles tear?

what a fucking joke! maybe they take a QB in the first or second round? IDK

I love the idea of, "We're going to draft the next Brock Purdy, but we're going to do it in the first round !!"

Lol, if you can't figure out why Nix had to transfer out of Auburn and play 61 games, I can't help you.
Nix transferred because Harsin was one of the worst coaches in SEC history (excluding Vandy). His dad played qb at auburn and he grew up in auburn. It says a lot about how bad Harsin stunk up that program that he was willing to leave his dream school

eye test screams that Nix is not an NFL QB

my eye test rankings for NFL ceiling based on very limited watching:

Rattler(!)
McCarthy
Penix
Nix

McCarthy blows. He is the next Mac Jones and is going to set whoever drafts him in the top-15 back 5 years. Hopefully it isn't the Giants, though I could see it happening. I'd take Hartman in the 4th over McCarthy in the 1st all day.

DJ's team-friendly contract has a reasonable out for the team after this season. So if his injury recovery is not ideal, they could certainly look to move on, especially paired with a rookie QB salary. Sorry you are stuck with Dak's dead weight for the rest of Jerry's life.

I think one of my favorite Draft schtick's is the disinformation campaign that happens a couple days before the draft. Today, I have the read the following 3 things from reporters with inside sources:
1. The Patriots want Maye, he is their guy.
2. If Daniels is not there, the Patriots will trade back.
3. The Patriots want Penix, and will draft him and a WR in the first round.

(Like yes 2 and 3 can be combined, but a list of two thing isn't fun)

the athletic newsletter amplifying the caleb williams personality concerns this morning

I think one of my favorite Draft schtick's is the disinformation campaign that happens a couple days before the draft. Today, I have the read the following 3 things from reporters with inside sources:
1. The Patriots want Maye, he is their guy.
2. If Daniels is not there, the Patriots will trade back.
3. The Patriots want Penix, and will draft him and a WR in the first round.

(Like yes 2 and 3 can be combined, but a list of two thing isn't fun)
Eagles trading up for player X.
Eagles trading back for more picks because they can still get player Y at that spot.

Back