• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Coaching Search Thread

Check out the recent tweets from the @footballscoop timeline.

Absolutely fascinating. Coaches texting me about other coaches saying Wake is their dream job. Love it. Hope it happens for those guys

Well no shit. Who doesn't want a high paying job with no accountability?

Young, energetic recruiters are the hot commodity for new Head Coaches. Might be tough to find one that would fit in at Wake. He may not fit the perfect profile, but Greg Schiano would be a big name that might energize the fan base and appeal to HS kids. Lembo is a great candidate as well - just wins everywhere, but I'm not sure if he would come to WF.

We've been preparing for this for a while. I don't think it's anywhere close to the MBB hiring.

I don't care b/c I don't have faith in Wellman to make a smart hire.

If anyone here thinks Lembo, Foster, Orgeron or any of the above mentioned names, you're out of your mind.

Wellman was that good. Grobe, Prosser....
Now, he is not.

If Chad Morris leaves Clemson for anywhere, I hope its you guys. He's damn good with the offense which is y'alls main issue.

Just saying. WFU has the money to compete for decent coaches. There's no good reason for Ron to not make a fantastic hire. (Other than him being completely incompetent)

Well no shit. Who doesn't want a high paying job with no accountability?

The next couple tweets were interesting too.

Basically people laughed at him, saying "haha who wants to go to Wake as a dream job," and he (sensibly) responded that the reputation of small/private schools has been altered by guys like Cutcliffe, Franklin, Fitzgerald. Hell, Rice is playing for the C-USA championship this year.

have people starting tracking flights to Smith Reynolds airport?

0% chance Wellman hires a coach known for slamming coeds.

Although the bike thing would be hilarious

Back