• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Coaching Search Thread

One of the advantages to hiring a head coach is that he can, in some instances, bring his coaching staff with him. A DC like Narduzzi would be lucky to bring a few coaches through promotions (i.e., QB coach becomes offensive coordinator, DL coach becomes DC--if MSU doesn't offer that promotion first, etc.).

Absolutely - I'm not saying that we won't hire a coordinator that's going to a bowl game, but hiring a coordinator from a team that's playing in a conference championship game during the week of said conference championship game simply isn't done. At least not on the BCS level that I can think of.

Kentucky hired Mark Stoops before the ACC Championship Game last year. He still coached the game, but he was giving a press conference in Lexington the next day.

One of the advantages to hiring a head coach is that he can, in some instances, bring his coaching staff with him. A DC like Narduzzi would be lucky to bring a few coaches through promotions (i.e., QB coach becomes offensive coordinator, DL coach becomes DC--if MSU doesn't offer that promotion first, etc.).

lobo is still in town, OC covered!

I like how someone with the username Satan makes a serious post.

This is going to get fucked up one way or the other. Maybe Wellman has just taken my soul but Ronny has no accountability and can sell anything to the slurpers. A bad hire here would be very, very bad given the state of hoops and such.

Hatch is slowly dismantling the football program on purpose. Anyone with hopes of a big time hire is delusional. If he pushed Lil ol Grobe out with his bullshit wet blanket antics, then who in the hell will want to try and build a program here.

Man, such a far cry from "In Wellman I Trust" from our last coaching search

Hatch is slowly dismantling the football program on purpose. Anyone with hopes of a big time hire is delusional. If he pushed Lil ol Grobe out with his bullshit wet blanket antics, then who in the hell will want to try and build a program here.

I'm willing to bet we get some random retread and Ron will try to prove he's the smartest man in the world again. It's strange that a man who went to some garbage ass school works for one of the best schools in the country yet feels the need to outsmart everyone. In all seriousness, he's probably one of the dumbest people on campus yet feels the need to act like he's Dr. Atala. It doesn't have much to do with Hatch more to do with Wellma ns ego.

Last edited:

Huh?

I hadn't heard the argument that Hatch slyly pushed Grobe out with his wet blanket tactics yet. Do go on!

I'm willing to bet we get some random retread and Ron will try to prove he's the smartest man in the world again. It's strange that a man who went to some garbage ass school works for one of the best schools in the country yet feels the need to outsmart everyone. In all seriousness, he's probably one of the dumbest people on campus yet feels the need to act like he's Dr. Atala. It doesn't have much to do with Hatch more to do with Wellma ns ego.

Oh please, Wellman can make urethras just as good as Atala - he's actually moved on to ureters.

Vanderlin who has been Penn State's linebacker coach just quit. He would make a great DC. Dude has produced 6 starting linebacker in the NFL and is a recruiting beast.

Miami (O) just hired Chuck Martin, Notre Dames OC. I think UCONN is the only other team with a coaching vacancy.

Vanderlin who has been Penn State's linebacker coach just quit. He would make a great DC. Dude has produced 6 starting linebacker in the NFL and is a recruiting beast.

Fuck that. Nobody affiliated with PedState....

Back